WHY ARE THERE BARELY ANY PIRATE GAMES HOLY SHIT

WHY ARE THERE BARELY ANY PIRATE GAMES HOLY SHIT

Attached: mqdefault.jpg (320x180, 18.42K)

Sorreh boys, gotta go landlubbin to do dah numba three

there are barely any games user

still waiting for pirates to get their red dead redemption moment, it's not fair piratebros... we are leagues cooler than cowboys

There are lots of pirate games
There's just not a lot of GOOD pirate games

Attached: 8T.jpg (450x518, 77.03K)

Sea of thieves is having a pretty neat event

You want a shit pirate game that has good graphics? Isn't that just Black Flag?

he said red dead redemption not red dead redemption 2.

sea dogs 2 AKA pirates of the carribean is what you should play

Old Billy Riley, oh. Old Billy Riley!

OH HELP ME BOB IM BULLY IN THE ALLEY

>tfw cant get AC4 to start
>support for the game is completely non existent

Attached: 1613713249174.jpg (342x541, 30.57K)

Yep best pirate game ever with a modding community still active

Assassin's Creed Black Flag is the best pirate game a pirate game could hope to be, why try at all with a new IP if all people are going to think is "it's good but it's not AC Black Flag"

just play tradewinds bro

My statement still stands

>Vikings>Pirates

i didn't mean anything about the type of game, it's just red dead introduced cowboys to gamers and made them fall in love with them

play skyrim

Attached: 20220514215537_1.jpg (2560x1440, 219.01K)

Pirates became popular as a topic after Pirates of the Caribbean got into the public concious. Unfortunately that was right before gaming really hit it's stride. Since then people have been less and less interested in that time period.
Currently we're in a Viking phase while still technically pirates they're alot easier to make sympathetic by appealing to the mysticism of their religion and their accomplishments. Pirates just kinda lived mostly boring lives on wooden tubs, rarely got rich and rarely had good reasons for what they were doing.

this guy is in the know

Zombies overthrown pirates

These.

Also there aren't any (good) Pirate games nowadays, because the big corporations see it as a risk. Which I guess it is. It is a niche, like all video games back in the 2000s, but the audience is simply ""not wide enough"" for them to care.
A RedDeadRedemption-esque pirate game would be god-tier in my opinion.
We have Sea of Thieves which looks incredible but fails to be engaging due to the non-existent progression.

Picrel is also there, but was indefinitely delayed because of the backlash from the first unedited gameplay footage. They backed down and said they'd like to redesign the game to be like MonsterHunter (in terms of content variety).

In my opinion the best pirate game is Sid Meier's Pirates! but AC4 was also pretty darn good.

Attached: skull-bones.jpg (1066x600, 49.21K)