Is it just me or is the story of Me 2 completely redundant and pointless? You just replace the geth with the collectors...

Is it just me or is the story of Me 2 completely redundant and pointless? You just replace the geth with the collectors, but replacing Saren with a collector with glowing eyes. The whole game feels like a spin off/filler between 1 and 3. At the end of 1, the reapers are coming, and at the end of 2, the reapers are coming. Also the Citadel feels super underused, you don't even get to meet the council even though you are still a Spectre? Also minimal interaction with Udina and Anderson even though they were the major characters in 1. As a final note, what's even the point of doing a suicide mission to the collector base, it clearly does not stop the reapers from coming but we are still going to risk our lives going there? Why didin't we do a suicide mission to the geth planet in 1 then to stop the geth like we did in 2 with the collectorsr? It would've been a lot easier too since we know where the geth come from

Attached: bad daddy shep.jpg (960x500, 70.38K)

everything bioware is redundant and pointless

It's filler and everybody knew that it would be 30 minutes into the game when the Collectors where introduced.

Mass Effect being shitty? Color me surprised!

It actually feels like a B team with no idea of the story made it

It’s not you.
At the time people coped with the complete lack of progressing the story as it being an excuse to introduce new characters and factions, but then 3 came along and either did absolutely fuck all with them, or warped them so much that they may as well have been completely new.

Yeah ME2 shits the bed bad story wise but makes up for it with good characters and good plot lines.

It's like if Andromeda was actually good.

It is, it's a glorified sidequest.

its a character driven movie

get back on runescape

They had an A team?

Yeah me2 the entire time tries to make you care about human colonists being abducted and as this big deal as the replacement for the reaper threat but falls flat because you never see a colonist until halfway through the game. Even then it's characterization of less than 5 minutes for them. They should've worked in a mission or 2 similar to Feros in me1 where you walk around and talk to a colony that asked for your help preparing for an attack/asked for your help or a colony that managed to fend off the collectors. Also it's a giant detour from the reapers are coming plot. The only way to make it not seem like a giant waste of time is to headcanon that the human reaper was going to try another another attack on the citadel with the collectors because the citadel advantage was that important to them.

Yeah, but Decker was sniffing around and they couldn’t make it to the studio

ME2 did feel kind of like a filler episode to me, but I'm not really going to take a dump on it because I had lot of fun with it. The gameplay and character interactions were much improved over the first game. It had some really memorable moments as well.

Mass Effect 3 is better

Attached: Clearly you don't own an air fryer.webm (1280x720, 2.74M)

I just replayed mass effect 1 and 2 in the last month and mass effect 1 is so much better it's crazy. Mass effect 2 was still a great time though, but it absolutely has no serious impact on the main plot. It's cool to just have more adventures as shephard and make new friends though.

ME2's story feels better as an introduction to the trilogy that would lead to the event of ME1
>humans are getting abducted left and right in remote location in the lawless part of the galaxy
>you investigate, collect leads from loose canon
>find the collector are behind it
>find the collectors are slave to another bigger and older threat
>find the nature of this bigger threat
>ME1 begins

ME2 might be the best game in the trilogy. Played it at release. A big celeb like Martin sheen knocking the VA out of the park for the illusive man was pretty novel at the time.

Saren is too kino and deserves ME1 to himself.

Attached: Saren_Arterius,_MELE_crop.png (2160x2159, 3.93M)

Saren was such a great villain. One of Bioware's last alongside Loghain.

The Reaper plotline is garbage 2 is the best game for focusing the least on it
The characters and world building are why people love this series and they’re at their peak in 2

He's actually a giant retard but he's such a cool villain that he dominates every scene he is in. Too bad we didn't get to see more of Saren before he was indoctrinated.

Attached: tumblr_mxgjbtN37w1qiotbqo5_250.gif (245x183, 1.27M)

It undoes a lot of the work 1 did. 1 ended with Shepard setting the Reaper's plan back, so they had to try something else. Meanwhile, Shepard would be flying around the galaxy with his own ship, crew and squad investigating ruins and fringe settlements. 2 begins by undoing all of that, separating the squad before the game starts, destroying the ship and killing Shepard off... just to bring him back two minutes later anyway. 2 forces you to work with Cerberus and the council do nothing. 2 has really nothing going for it and ends at the same place as 1, we still need a way to stop the Reapers and they're still coming. It doesn't even play well, very rough as a TPS with global cooldowns.

I think Mass Effect 2 is the best of the trilogy although it was also the first one that I played because I had PS3 and the first game didn’t release on it till later. I don’t really mind video game sequels being self contained stories. ME2 works on its own, you don’t need the other games to enjoy it.

Who cares about the major plotline, I only care about character interactions in ME.

mass effect is redundant in its entirety