Thinking of picking up Divinity: Original Sin 2. How is the game...

Thinking of picking up Divinity: Original Sin 2. How is the game? Plus is Co-op heavily incentivized like the first game, or can I go in solo just fine?

Attached: DOS2.jpg (1536x1152, 932.74K)

In DOS2 co-op is FAR more optional than the first game. Play it solo, you'll enjoy it.

go for the cheesy rpg group for best experience
>mage
>rogue
>2 handed barbarian lord
>ranger

I’ve played this game for 30 hours. I have no idea what is going on. Something something mages bar something something prison island. Still pretty good for a crpg I just never could get into the story.

How're the party members? Are they just there to fill out a team, or are they more fleshed out compared to the first game?

They all have their own stories/quests and are genuinely pretty good. Fane and Lohse are two of my favorites.

Controls are stupid even after remapping. That being said, any ideas to make the controls better would be welcome.
Also the camera is at a fixed angle (you can only rotate and zoom) which tends to give me a migraine.

Still, I'm interested enough to look past the bad jank. It's pretty (especially in combat), it's quite open/sandboxy, there's some meta-gameplay (which can be good and bad), the humor is hit-or-cringe, the origin characters' questlines and general dialogues are kinda interesting and written with soul.

Attached: 1642247200826.webm (640x640, 1.02M)

sourcers not mages
everyone can do magic/be a mage, and its a perfectly natural/normal thing that pretty much all of the people are doing
but sourcers are who they are hunting n shit

They are fleshed out. I have my favorites though, make sure to pick up the Red Prince. He's based.

I've restarted the first game 3 times and never beaten it. First and last was in coop, second was solo.
The game is just so inherently flawed with the way map progression works, it's not even funny.
How is OS2 regarding this?

I've seen people say you shouldn't mix damage types in your party, how true is that? My team right now is

Conjurer/pyro/geo
enchanter
inqusitor
ranger

Will I be okay? I'm only on classic difficulty

These characters on the cover have fleshed out storylines important to the plot. You can choose to recruit them as party members, and even play as one of them yourself. Playing as an origin character gives you access to some unique dialogue and options inaccessible otherwise.

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 280.94K)

It doesn't matter all that much, really. The game is usually pretty easy, even on tactician. If you want to go full meta, go all in on necromancy or whatever it is called. Conjurer is fun and really strong in the early game.

Should be fine. People primarily say don't mix damage types due to the way the armor system works but it's not like balanced parties are that much worse either especially if you splash in some ways for characters to contribute(ie: geo has phys damage spell based on current armor, decay from necro can turn healing from hydro into damage, pyro has really useful buffs, etc..) on the armor type they can't hit. As for your party it's perfectly fine. You have a physical and magical dealer and potentially two switch hitters. Rangers can switch hit with arrows and the conjurer if they prioritize summoning will always have a totem or incarnate able to contribute to whichever damage type enemies are weak against.

you should be fine, one thing this game really wants you to do is relentlessly crowd control every enemy you encounter, so if you load up on those, you'll breeze through the whole thing

Great game, have fane in your first party for lore reasons

It also gives you unique endings specific to one of the characters you chose to play as.

once you start playing lone wolf it feels so hard to go back. scoundrel feels so bad to play without the 6 ap, same with ranger + the extra stats make you feel god tier.

It's really good and it has amazing music.

Do note that you can build specs outside the regular RPG archetypes like elemental melee, elemental rangers and physical dmg casters. The one archetype you can't really build are dedicated healers.

going 50/50 on damage output is fine because typically enemies have either very high magic or very high physical armor. enemies with both is rare. IIRC some can also be either outright immune to certain physical or magic effects as well.

any mods worth picking up? are the modded classes just OP as fuck?