Just finished pic related. Was quite impressed by it - sound design was cool, combat was satisfying...

Just finished pic related. Was quite impressed by it - sound design was cool, combat was satisfying, story wasn't serviceable. Is it worth playing the sequels or does the series peak here?

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 698.18K)

play extraction point and persus mandate, latter looks like dogshit but the gameplay is still sound
ignore 2 and 3, don't trust anyone who said "2 was still good".

fpbp
/thread

Play Extraction point
And that's it

2 was still good

Play the DLC. The series definitely peaks here but FEAR 2 is a fun game as well. Granted it is very “consolized”. FEAR 3 however is absolute shit. I’m assuming you bought the triple pack? If so give 2 a try. I know the hivemind opinion Any Forums borrowed from faggot youtubers is that it’s shit but like I said it’s pretty fun. No harm in trying.

>does the series peak here?
The series peaks here.

Wtf are you me OP?

>Burnout on Elden Ring
>Try and finish something to fill the void
>Finally get around to finishing FEAR

How much Health you finish the game with? I ended at 175 total

FEAR 2 fixed every complaint made about FEAR1 but in the process ruined it. It just goes to show what the player tells you they want isn't always compatible with what makes a good game.
Some examples:
>Fixed replica spam
Resulted in enemies without character
>Fixed samey offices
Resulted in style-over-substance level design that didn't complement the gameplay
>Fixed awful feeling rifle
Actually just a net improvement
>Fixed what some players (aka. retards) felt was a cumbersome camera
Kicks felt awful since they were just a view model super imposed over your camera, no longer had the weighty thump when you kicked replica.

This guy is totally correct.

Only the original was good.
Extraction Point is dogshit btw

Literally this. 2 is one of the most disappointing games I've ever played, and only deprived console kids defend it.

I might give 2 a go. I'm steam sharing off a friend so I don't feel inclined to play the other ones just to feel like I got my money's worth.

Maybe not burnt out, but I did get exhausted of Elden Ring after 12 hours. Was very unimpressed by the first area and the copy/paste catacombs. I'll come back to it eventually.
I also ended at 175. I wish health packs were rarer to come by, kind of disappointing knowing there was always a stash of supplies in the next room after every fight.

Sequels are way worse
Play Extraction Point and end there

2 is definitely dogshit, don't even touch it unless you want to see sex with Alma. Or want to play through le spooky schooolerino, which was actually only slightly better than the rest of the game.

3 is meh, although it's better than 2 in my book. It was quite fun in coop, but the game is still a far cry from the first.

>don't even touch it unless you want to see sex with Alma

Literally the ONLY redeeming thing in 2, seriously hot but not worth playing an 8 hrs long CoD-clone for that alone.

>unless you want to see sex with Alma
>Literally the ONLY redeeming thing
Never understood the hype
Would be based if the protagonist were still Pointman

>but I did get exhausted of Elden Ring after 12 hours. Was very unimpressed by the first area and the copy/paste catacombs.

I understand the sentiment with the c&p dungeons/mines but the first zone was great, next time you fire up ER try to ignore those features outside of the ones that has things you really need (bells, armors etc.) and you will probably have a better time

>Resulted in enemies without character
>Resulted in style-over-substance level design that didn't complement the gameplay
Remembering how replicas were tightly knitted with FEAR level design I think breaking either of this tandem spoils the magic of the original FEAR. On one hand it looks cheap because devs cut short on enemy roster but. On the other hand they made a bet on their substance more. I think copypasting the concept of replica into FEAR 2 and just stepping up with level design would be a better approach.
>Fixed awful feeling rifle
It's my own impression but seeing this janky rifle do the job was a surprise on its own. I liked its burst mode because it agitated a player not to bumrush "with a better SMG" and switch to a shotgun instead.
>Fixed what some players (aka. retards) felt was a cumbersome camera
Slower speed was a more notable complain I presume. Especially back then when arcade movement speed was the norm instead of cinematic pacing with covers and regeneration. Although I'm very biased here since view model prevalence gives me better immersion. That's why I used view model plugins for TES and Todd's Fallouts. Flying body-less camera feels more unnerving outside of arcade shooters.

Attached: 1635864068994.jpg (250x250, 11.33K)

Skip Perseus Mandate OP

Not mocking you but getting exhausted after 12 hours kek, I got burnt out after 280 hours in the first month! PvPing and such. Games scale making a build a real bitch of task to do especially when you got OCD and you gotta pick everything in an Area!

As for fear there were times I ran low on ammo but it just made swapped weapon types around I was good to go. Medkits could have been reduced a bit because I was often sitting around 10 while missing 12 hit points I would spam a heal just for the 12 and pick up the kit for max of 10 again.

Really loved when you left offices and crashed into apartments! Opening fight of apartments was kino as fuck, shooting the holes in the walls without breaking 2 by 4s while replicas would break through them to create a new entry point. Sick as hell.

Idk if I wanna play the DLCs as rn I'm enjoying fallout 76 (god help me)

Funnily enough i just finished all of them, imo

Sussy mandate > first encounter assault > extraction point > fear 2 Reborn > fear 2 >fear 3

Sussy mandate was top tier and i loved the campaign with reshade and a universal 4gb patch

Doesn't FEAR 1 also benefit from API wrapper like dgVooDoo? I've seen FEAR running like shit on fresh computers.

Extraction Point is Fear 1 distilled to its best elements. Perseus mandate kinda sucks. Sequels are bad.

None of the other games are worth playing. Maybe those expansions if you really want more, but they aint the same.