When did IT happen to you?

When did IT happen to you?

Attached: Ef9v_oLXgAMQnGA.jpg (640x480, 36.89K)

When dogshit sourcetoddler CS:GO killed the high level 1.6 mix scene.

Around the release of Goldeneye, when the masses discovered, and would later down the line elevate shooters as one of the leading genres of video games. I guess I could attribute it to Doom or Quake but I don't think anything speaks masses like a console shooter with multiplayer.

When the first Xbox came out and all the western PC game developers flocked to it and produced nothing but substandard games.

Battle Royales. I might be wrong and they're just a passing fad but I despise the genre and they're insanely popular especially with kids. Up until then it never bothered me to see people like bad games as they always have, but for this new, terrible genre to become the most popular and stay that way for years? It just doesn't click with me.

Streamers.

Seeing Any Forums slowly being influenced by kids born in 2004 turning 18 and having twitch or youtube eceleb threads hitting bump limit. The celebration of crossovers and guests instead of effort put in making new fresh characters. The fact that horny Any Forums teens will buy fortnite skins cause it has coombait shaking their ass is enough to make them suddenly like the game. The fact that Pewdiepie is now Any Forums idol when he used to be hated as the most cancerous face of kids and normalfags

Attached: 1653133112306.jpg (460x527, 32.37K)

Hasn't yet. Still enjoy new releases and look forward to games.
Any Forums being consistently anti-fun and wrong keeps me looking forward to the brighter things in vidya.

Attached: 1652460274091.png (1832x1672, 1.2M)

I feel like the opposite happened to me, I'm obsessed with Friday Night Funkin'.

battle royales are fun
not sure what part you don't get

This. To see zoomers actually PAYING to simply watch someone else play a game was when I realized trends had changed and they sickened me.

pewdiepie grew up
obviously you didn't

when Tomb Raider 2013 became a smashing hit and companies started catering to normalfags who want boring movie games that play themselves

I'm not really an old fag by any means but my favorite video games were the Mass Effect series growing up. If you ask a zoomer they wouldn't have any idea what these games are because they play fortnite and play with their phones all day.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 64.9K)

user, Battle Royals have been a thing for decades. Power Stone, Smash Bros, Battlefield, ect.

How old are you?

And it's weird to me because these games aren't even tremendously old I forgot to add.

>He's like me cause he said the N word
Stfu zoom zoom

you've never watched him yet you think you are the authority on him
very sad

Ight. Seems like you are getting off on Any Forumss spite rather than the vidya itself tho

fortnite is better than mass effect

I seen enough of him when he was playing Amnesia,SCP and FNAF
Why would I go back to watch someone I don't enjoy? Oh right you zoomers never knew you don't have to. Your just conditioned to dickride and bootlick
Sad indeed

>bait but I will respond anyway
Nigger that's like saying the Fast and Furious movies are better than the Blade Runner movies

ME1 feels very fucking old. That game aged like damn milk. I'm sure Zoomers wouldn't mind 2 and 3

they are tho

when I was 16. so 2010

TF2’s Meet Your Match update, followed by Overwatch disallowing hero stacking (and then later introducing role queues). Casual, community-driven games are not the norm anymore. Everything must have matchmaking, everything must pander to e-sports, everything must restrict the player’s choices.

Attached: youretard.jpg (1280x720, 104.86K)

If anything, I'm feeling more hopeful and in-tune with the internet culture and vidya now than 10 years ago. Like, the kids today are developing parasocial crushes en masse on anime girl streamers. That's hell of a lot more based than worshipping shooter-man from the latest AAA or whatever the zoomers of yore did. Plus, the games are much better now. Japan's finally pulled itself together while the western scene's imploding.
t. 35-year old boomer.

The gameplay is OK but the atmosphere maintains a level of kino unsurpassed to this day.

Attached: tumblr_pgtwq3ETkP1qc3ju8o2_540.gif (540x304, 2.97M)

You’re a faggot.

first person survival horror replacing fixed camera survival horror

If anything it's the other way around and they're even gayer than before.

>looking forward to the brighter things in vidya.
Enlighten me, what things got brighter? just out of curiosity.

Attached: MagicShop.gif (500x580, 67.31K)

Not really, it's just that I know that Any Forums is simply spite.
Still useful for knowing the flaws of a new game, but I know to cut down how much of a problem any complaint is by about two-thirds.

Nah, nobody fucking cares about w*stern trash anymore. Blizzard's, the bastion of western "quality", imploding and zoomers worldwide are cheering. The industry is healing.

2018-2019ish
although I think vidya is a little less terrible about this than anime, where I've realized my references are now like 2-3 generations out of date for even many 16-20 year olds. There's a little more willingness to play older games, although I think some are more prominent than others.
most older zoomers know what Mass Effect is from my experience, ironically enough the ending controversy gave it a longer half life than say the KOTOR series.

Pretty much this, I cannot for the life of me understand the cults that form around streamers. None of it makes ANY sense to me.

when ironic shitposting became normalized on Any Forums