PCSX2

>everyone praises qt for new ui
>most options that made run games better are absent
>sensitive pressure controls are absent
>no one complains
Do zoomers really care more about appearances rather than practicality?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 214.57K)

Everything worked for me in 2012. Everything works for me in 2022. CS&D.

Zoomers don't play games, so the fact they also removed support for every single USB peripheral and controller also goes unnoticed.

You know it's a development build, right? You're complaining about unfinished software.

>complain about something that was more or less flat out stated to be still very barebones and lacking

You're the actual zoomer here

Also outside of metal gear and some basic ass racing games the vast amount of ps2 games never used pressure buttons

At least you changed the image this time

Attached: 1651776865949.png (2560x5223, 1.9M)

just give it up. it's been like 20 years. it will never finish

>complete magicgate implementation submitted as PR
>unceremoniously thrown out and never spoken of again

Attached: incomprehensible.jpg (828x587, 74.78K)

Wait so you can't use a mic to play lifeline now? bruh.

That's because MagicGate is a legal landmine they don't want to touch.

>Do zoomers really care more about appearances rather than practicality?
Instead of asking stupid question, why not rephrase it as:
>Are people retarded and complaining that they now can download the new UX named qt, while at the same time have the wxwidgets ready for people that want to keep the old one until the qt have it implemented, or made obsolete once settings aren't needed to run the games?

Think smarter, not try to be dumber.

90% of the threads about pcsx2 here are about qt and how much better it is while adding nothing new to the table performance-wise and removing the options posted above.

You can keep using 1.6. What's the problem?

>>most options that made run games better are absent
Such as? Weren't a lot of the uglier hacks being phased out and automated anyway?

Because the focus of qt right now is the visual look. That's the topic.

I'm just trying to run this Tenkaichi 4 mod. Why THE FUCK do characters outlines look so offset when I upscale? There's a fix people mention in older versions but this new UI took them away. And these tabs are grayed out. What the fuck?

Attached: shit emulator.png (1383x808, 241.66K)

Oh so that's the difference between qt and wxwidgets I always wondered

The usual graphical issues that i had with GOW and The Simpsons game are gone. So i didn't even notice those settings were gone. (I play more than these two, but i only ever had these issues with those two.)
The auto binding for my cheap controller also worked without a problem.
I like the new UI but my only problem with it that i wish it would autoload covers for games.
That and maybe having an option to keep the window's aspect ratio.

read the previous tab

Long story short: WxWidgets (Legacy), and qt is like changing gears in a car.
So it's gonna be low RPM and low HP until we reach higher compatibility, accuracy and faster performance with qt which was just not possible on WxWidgets due to it being a mess already.

While WxWidgets itself is very up to date and free to use, qt while costing offers better crossplatform and is overall more modern.

I usually don't even have to bother with the settings, shit always just worked for me.

One big change from end user standpoint is that you can configure graphics on the fly without the game pausing. But yeah it's a heavy WIP and I seriously hope they don't fuck it up lol. Being stuck in this buggy state forever would be awful, and compared to the other emulators using QT the UI is a kind of a mess over here.