Fear and Hunger

What is the best difficulty to start with?

Attached: dd0l9s2-0144dadb-8385-47a2-bc47-36a2d8d9bcad.png (509x504, 341.22K)

Anxiety & Munchies

Limbless rape meat run.

How do you get the wizard head on your side?

You need to go climb down the blood and cumstained toilet.

Fear & Hunger difficulty because that's what the game launched with. Terror & Starvation was only added to the game a year or two after

Thank you dear user. I was considering gambling with the difficulty that is below that, as 'fear & hunger' describes itself as an easy mode.
Much appreciated

Dont listen to this user this triggers the evangelion ending

No problem. Honestly I don't know why he had to word it like that on the difficulty select, it's not like F&H difficulty was made any easier when T&S was added besides making a previously end-game boss exclusively appear in T&S for whatever reason.

Not to mention he literally didn't even know if terror&starvation was beatable when he released it. Miro goes all out with the art, but he's strangely half assed in other respects.

nta but is it true that he added the coin mechanics after release? kinda wish he kept adding more features and content to the first game

Yeah, he made the coin mechanic for Termina and then decided to add it into F&H too. He's honestly added quite a bit, new areas, new endings, new difficulties, etc. I'm fine with what he's added to F&H and I'm looking forward to Termina.

I cheat the game to get books of enlightmen to savescum whenever i start a run

Fight me.

Honestly this is the only way the game should be played to someone who is new.
With how retardedly trial and error the gameplay is you should be able to save wherever you want by default.

You didn't beat the game if you cheated, just saying.
You can already do that by sleeping in a safe location.

If you're a fucking casual who doesn't want to face challenges then absolutely, you should be allowed to save wherever you want so you can invalidate every single encounter and trap

There's a reason trial and error gameplay is not used by real developers for main gameplay like it is in F&H.
Whenever something is difficult and/or requires experimentation you should be able to try it as many times as you want otherwise your time is being wasted.
It's not hard to spend some minutes walking back to what killed you to try again it's just boring.

nta but you're just trivializing the game at that point, why even bother if you don't even enjoy playing the way it was intended?

Because the way it was intended is poorly designed but there are still interesting things about the game like the setting, atmosphere, music, artstyle etc.

it got 90% approval on steam so clearly it wasn't poorly designed, sounds like you didn't like the difficulty, it's ok to admit it

I'd argue having very sparse save points and permadeath add a lot to the tension and terror of the game
I wouldn't be shitting my pants in fear wondering whats around every corner when I first got to the city if death only meant a 5 minute setback

>your time is being waster
>your time
>wasted
>browsing Any Forums
>Any Forums
>playing games
You are a retard

>is not used by real developers
Fuck off with that talk. Oh, I guess Fear & Hunger wasn't made by a "real" developer, so I guess it isn't a "real" game.
>Whenever something is difficult and/or requires experimentation you should be able to try it as many times as you want otherwise your time is being wasted.
The issue with being able to save wherever and whenever you want is that any sort of negative intended affect that you get is easily invalidated. Character lost an arm? Well since I'm saving every 2 minutes that isn't an issue, just reload the save. Measures like limited saves and the threat of wasting time is one of the few ways that a developer can get a player to accept long lasting or permanent consequences

There's nothing difficult about trial and error.
Each to their own, one man's tension and terror is another's waste of time.
Being forced to repeat the same thing is a waste of time. Browsing Any Forums and playing games are new things, assuming you ignore shit threads and play good games.
I agree being able to save anywhere is a bad solution but in the game's current state it's the simplest solution to fix it. Difficulty should not be pure trial and error otherwise the consequences do not feel genuinely deserved leading to a feeling of "well how the fuck was I supposed to know that would happen"?.