Know what puzzles me...

Know what puzzles me? Why do we have literally 0 games (outside of MAYBE Kingdom Come: Deliverance) trying to duplicate TES formula? You know the
>Deep character creation system of Morrowind & maybe even Oblivion
>Large scale open world just waiting to be explored for hundreds of hours
>Sandbox-like freedom and non linearity where there are many many ways to level up, get rich, make your way in the world etc etc...

But actually make it good? Just look how successful TES games are all while being mediocre in depth at best. Imagine if an actual competent developer handcrafted the dungeons, took more than 2 minutes to write up the story and had an actual somewhat fucking decent combat system? Normies also love mods so make it that they can mod in their coomer garbage, there, it's literally the next hit of the generation.

Developers already recognise that a lot of people drool for large scale open worlds (they even slapped one on a souls game, im dying inside as I'm writing this LOL) but they are all missing that sandbox freedom of TES games

I'm calling it the next AAA game that does this will be a turbo hit and will sell millions

Attached: dbec07b9e300d0c468625c1d9d90c73d.jpg (1280x1024, 163.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vgG5QqZUzjY
youtube.com/watch?v=RoSYDD3SRGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1_y0Iaq3k_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=VZ9u8S26tGk
youtube.com/watch?v=T-otpq6oI2Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Obsidian has tried a few times. They succeeded with NV and failed with Outer Worlds.

Was outer worlds not a success tho, didn't it sell well

literally every open world shit fits your criteria. the bethesda trademark is collecting every useless junk you come across and wonky physics

It's never been this easy for me to spot someone who criticises a game that they've never played

>YOU JUST DIDNT PLAY IT
retard

the part about deep character creation doesn't fit their games

>normies love mods
Lol
Lmao

>Deep character creation system of Morrowind &
>MAYBE EVEN OBLIVION
LMAO

The main distinctive quality of bethesda games from oblivion onward IMO is the seemingly neverending supply of quests to do
You can go in any direction on the map and find a cool quest, and in the course of that quest you will find 2 or 3 more
Other open world games aren't as addictive in this way of constantly throwing more stuff at you.

Only game I felt immersed in was Kingdom come deliverance and morrowind. LBA2 and outer wilds are great but completely different

Fallout 1 and 2 did this well with an in-depth character creator screen.

Problem is people these days get super butthurt (me included) if they get filtered for a decision they made! That's why oblivion skills was neutered compared to morrowind. Same with Skyrim being neutered in the attributes department compared to oblivion!

Fallout 2's temple tutorial will straight up filter all bad builds right in the first level.

>Fallout 2's temple tutorial will straight up filter all bad builds right in the first level.
DON'T.
TELL ME.
HOW TO PLAY.

Iol so I was right about the butthurt part!
For real though Cameron will fist you if you're not ready

It's moreso a reference to Spoony trying to play Fallout 2, who's the poster child for your hypothesis.
youtube.com/watch?v=vgG5QqZUzjY

>he's one of those retards who picks up everything in the game
Top kek, you have such a 'gamey' approach to this kind of shit, it's laughable.
You're only meant to pick up things your character would pick up

Oh fuck I remember this! Fucking KeK
Thank you for the laugh

Attached: 1627842547737.jpg (396x922, 38.53K)

On what planet is this considered a bad build?

Attached: Screenshot 2022-05-27 044732.png (460x349, 272.84K)

Play games from Piranha Bytes for good open world RPGs.

I have just finished watching a video of a guy who addressed this point. I am going to post a few videos of retrospects even though some of you guys hate youtubers. Just get over it.

youtube.com/watch?v=RoSYDD3SRGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1_y0Iaq3k_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=VZ9u8S26tGk
youtube.com/watch?v=T-otpq6oI2Q

Imo none top Morrowind to this day. The second video the guy says it well I think. Morrowind has its flaws but no game world was ever as immserive as that one because they doubled down so much on making sure the world was immersive even if it meant at the cost of convenience or functionality. He even says how the game is ugly with its brown and greys everywhere. But that doesn't matter because what mattered most was creating a world that just so happens to be a game rather than a game first and its world building second. He also states that most devs just simply lack the skill to give us TES like games. This is truth. Bethesda isn't perfect but they are unchallenged.

If I had the money, I'd hire the right guys and have them make a TES-like game. These games have the best formula for immersion and you can get lost in them. Its great.

Nah that temple isn't that hard that is ridiculous. However there are definitely builds that will just suck if you don't know what you are doing. That is definitely true. Also some things are just too good to not go with even when you only slightly get a clue. Like agility in the first two games for example. AP is too important in combat to not max out asap if its your first time. You'll have a way better time that way than not. Fallout 1 and 2 though are fantastic games because of this imo. Let people make a fucking mistake ffs. Just redo your character if what you made isn't doing it for you. Its not like the game becomes completely winless unless you are really dumb or go out your way to screw your own self over. I wish there were more RPG like these games or that they remastered them with better graphics and UI.

As for Oblivion, yeah that game has its issues and I am also not surprised Skyrim got rid of stats. Even Morrowind wasn't balanced proper though. This is why they kept stripping skills and stats and therefore RPG elements. It was for balance sake but outside of stealth archers and scaling skyrim would have probably been the best balanced TES if we are honest. Although really, balancing single player RPG is dumb. Again just let people make mistakes. Give us skills and RPG elements. Sad to see this stuff go.

Can't really give my opinion without you tagging the 3rd skill but assuming it's not melee you're gonna have bad time with the opening area's that and if you tag melee skill then you got 2 combat skills tagged. You really want 1 combat skill tagged, 1 passive skill tagged and 1 active skill tagged!
Otherwise I think your build looks fine.

I will admit I've never played fallout 2 past the intro area, but I've finished multiple different builds in fallout 1 with/out fixit mod. Working up the nerve to play 2. Also thinking of doing dumb character in fallout 1 but idk know how that would route out as nobody likes giving quests and jobs to a moron. Big problem considering how little exp via raw combat there is an how desperately the moron needs Slayer if doing melee moron.

Attached: brainlet.gif (700x630, 1.54M)

Is there a retard friendly guide to modding the game?