Consistently shilled as one of if not the greatest game ever made

>Consistently shilled as one of if not the greatest game ever made,
>Literally and objectively inferior in every way to it's sequel Perfect Dark both in terms of performance but also depth, Enemy AI, features, story and replay value

Attached: GoldenEye.jpg (800x554, 88.04K)

Cyberpunk is an unpopular genre overall, so a lot of people will automatically claim the James Bond version is better.

>Consistently shilled as one of if not the greatest game ever made
when? i have never seen anyone ever say this.

Attached: swrtde.png (542x410, 263.86K)

How do I upvote the post? I completely agree with you

any sort of mods with private servers exist for either of these games?

Timesplitters.

HELLO YOU ABSOLUTE LEGENDS

Greatests games should not be appreciated for what it bring in comparison to later games, but what did it bring to the gaming industry at that time.
Just like later Zeldas might be better than OOT doesn't change the fact that OOT litteraly invented 3D third person action rpg core concepts like target lock.

I don't know whether to green text or not.
It's a only a troll post. And I'm bored.
>be born in 80s
>PC LAN still expensive/inconvenient
>first console shooter 4 players
>movie license

Perfect Dark
>dropped frame rate with bots
>Goldeneye 64 players went to play Quake 3 with T1
>Some chick and an alien named buddy holly.

Attached: billy.jpg (624x461, 45.62K)

>>Consistently shilled as one of if not the most fun games ever made
>team had never made a fucking game before so naturally their next project is more technically advanced.

Problem is that everyone gorged themselves on goldeneye and the bond license was far more enticing than random chick in unlicensed IP adventure. Goldeneye is a pure classic and so is Perfect Dark, not sure why you're bitching about Goldeneye though. Most if not everyone knows PD was considered better.

Attached: 1650597269147.webm (700x498, 1011.47K)

You're right but a list of the greatest games ever is not a good reference for recommendations on what's the best games to play today.

Perfect Dark came out late in the system's life. N64 games were still coming out but their spotlight was being stolen by titles for the Dreamcast and hype for the PS2.

Games haven’t been groundbreaking in decades & no quality mainstream game has been made, just fotm trash that’s forgotten and discarded like capeshit

The only people who think its amazing are people who were literally 12 for whom it was their first FPS. It wasn't even the greatest game released that month.

Bait or seething pc fat crying over his irrelevancy

True. But OP talked about greatest games ever made, not greastest games to play right now. I won't touch goldeneye today even with a stick but I recognize what it brought in his time.

How the fuck anyone can stomach console shooters, much less N64 shooters, is utterly beyond me.

get a load of mr superior taste over here! fuck off faggot

Attached: 1598897486146.jpg (4151x4155, 401.56K)

You kind of had to be there. Yeah, there were FPS on PC, but nothing like Goldeneye existed at the time, and it was absolutely mindblowing. By the time PD came out we'd all played Goldeneye so much that it was kind of like, "yeah, this is bigger, and more refined, and does a lot of cool new things and a lot of the same stuff better - but the magic isn't there". It's not even nostalgia, because I don't think Goldeneye holds up at all today. FPS games in general only kind of just refine the same formula. Younger people who played Halo as a kid still think that was the most amazing thing ever.

Normies were filtered by Perfect Dark requiring the expansion pack to play properly and despite this it somehow ran worse than Goldeneye especially in multiplayer.
There also was significantly less couch multiplayer during Perfect Dark's time in comparison to Goldeneye. It might have been a few years, but Goldeneye predated internet which was huge.

Female protag says no

While this is clearly a bait post, there are retarded zoomers on this shit board who don't understand how time works and think the original game in a series should somehow unironically magically be superior to its sequels which it merely laid the groundwork in engine development tools for

people overrate this piece of shit all the time. what are you talking about?