Do you guys change the name of the MC in games like zelda or final fantasy...

Do you guys change the name of the MC in games like zelda or final fantasy? I used to watch my brother play final fantasy games and he'd give the MC his name and then name his party members after me and my other brothers. I've never changed link's name though.

Attached: ocarina.jpg (491x398, 52.95K)

>I've never changed link's name though.
Good. You shouldn't. People take this shit for granted these days nobody cares what they're playing as anymore.

I don't at all and if it has a character creator, I go with the default.

Attached: utw-underwater_tasogare_otome_x_amnesia_-_05_720p886c4653-mkv_snapshot_08-50_2012-05-08_16-56-46.jpg (1280x720, 106.53K)

Back in the day, almost everyone I knew at school was changing the name of characters in FF7, 8,and 9. Nowadays you're rarely given the option due to voice acting I assume.

The only time I went with the default character is in the mass effect games since its damn near impossible to make a custom character that doesn't look retarded.

>Nowadays you're rarely given the option due to voice acting I assume.
It's worse than that.

I change the one on the first playthrough but if I replay it on the hardest difficulty or when doing some sort of special challenge for games without difficulties then I choose the canon name. OoT for example I'm currently replaying with 3 hearts, no shield and broken giant's knife

I don't like self inserting, i think it's cringe so i always pick the default.
Only time I don't is in Dragon Quest since they don't give main characters default names in those so I just use mine for those games.

if i'm prompted to name my file, i name my file
what the characters in the game do with my named file, i don't care

if a character has a name filled when it prompts to enter their name, i leave it as is

if a character's name is blank and needs to be entered then we're going to be here for a while

If there's a default name I go with that almost always
I used to be better at coming up with names but now I freeze and just put in one of the nicknames some people had once upon a time for me

What the fuck does MC mean you fucking faggot

I hate retards like you who just throw acronyms around zoomer cunt

lurk more

Attached: 1425615984984.gif (1100x800, 2.36M)

I usually play one round where I'm named something rude (cunt, fucker whatever) just so that everyone seems ungrateful for my help. Then I later do playthrough a with the standard name.

Attached: Screenshot_20220527-023156_21f12b1316663fbd369c35432dda51b0.jpg (720x642, 196.15K)

nice shader
I looks similar to how i played it on DS with gameyob

>Doesn't understand MC
Your retard is showing.

Okay, I did tell you to lurk more but I think you are embarrassed enough, so I'll just tell you the meaning.
It means Memory Card.

thats incredibly based

In mass effect I also make my character look like he's been addicted to crack for 20 years.

What would it be then?

Sounds like my honest attempt at making a decent looking character. They always look ridiculous, especially when they do expressions.

>RPGs
yes
>Zelda
no

Only if it's on the file select

I'm a bit weird about it, in Pokemon I always use my name because the characters aren't as, idk what the word would be, iconic and personal I guess? Where as when I play Final Fantasy or Zelda I always use the default names. In Pokemon the main character isn't like a known character with a running story like Link other than maybe Red. I guess that's maybe why.

I'd when I was 12 but stop doing that because the character I'm playing as I don't really identify with. Even in western RPGs where you create your character I would create an ugly old man if possible and use some dumb retarded name.

> Let me tell you about the story of the legendary hero you're named after, NIGGERFAGGOT