Subnautica

What are your thoughts on Subnautica? With the exception of the endgame I found it incredible.

Attached: Subnautica.jpg (1200x747, 157.47K)

Good exploration game for the price. I'm sad the terrain gun never made it into the later versions.

I really enjoyed it. A good 20 hours!

I still open my save from time to time and drive my cyclops around

Subnautica is as good as sub zero is shit.

What's sad is that they ever considered it

As much as I would have liked an ingame map, using the Aurora and the two landmasses to orient yourself felt good.

Sadly I can't play it. I loved chilling during daytime in shallow sea but once it either hits night time or I have to go too deep then that's it
It also didn't help that I tried going near the ship and saw the giant one coming at me full speed. Outer wilds was equally bad but the premise of the store helped ease the phobia

>"Hey for the sequel, let's add vehicles and land exploration."
>"But let's also not have the vehicles usable on land, because wouldn't it be funnier if you had to walk around like some homeless fuck the whole time?"

we have a good thalassophobia game, now how about a good speluncaphobia game? I want The Descent (book) kind of vibes

The first times I played it it gave me some weird synesthetic effect, I almost felt like I could smell the sea. The play on words is inevitable, but I really never felt as immersed in an environment as I did with this game.

As a game it has some incredibly strong points, but I found certain things a bit too annoying. Dealing with enemies never feels satisfying, whether it's avoiding them or incapacitating them, and when you get to a certain point the limits in movement speed and inventory just become a pointless pain in the ass.

Loved it.
We need more story focused, non-procedurally generated survival games.

I'm not sure you can do that well in a game.
Too conditioned to just always move forward in vidya and follow a linear path like a cave.
Hard to get the sense of oppression as you descend without some other elements like water/oxygen, monsters, or alike.

its not a sequel

I agree that it would be really challenging, but caves can be complex and vast so it wouldn't have to be too linear. Also I wouldn't mind monsters, siphons and hell, even toxic areas. I'm no gamedev but I'm sure that someone talented could pull it off. Just places like the jump into the abyss in Sekiro and the devil cave in RDR2 managed to give me shivers so I wouldn't be hard to satisfy

My only complaint is that it doesn't have multiplayer.
I just wanted to play Any Forumslab 2021 with the boys.

Attached: 350144099-captain_murphy.jpg (500x500, 46.25K)

I love the first game , fucking hate the second .

T.scorpion

Deep Rock Galactic, though you'd have to be a real pussy to get claustrophobic there.

This, holy shit the building was more comfy than it had any right to be
>all those furniture and decoration mods
The story honestly ruined the game more than if it were just another bargain bin survival crafting clone

Attached: ok1.png (796x800, 418.83K)

>Deep Rock Galactic
I see it recommended a ton here and I have some friends that might be interested in playing it together, but I'm still not sure what it's about. Do you fight hordes of enemies or do you chase some other bjective? Is it structured in missions? How is the longevity?

just go right at that big fucker with your knoife and die a couple times, boom you're not afraid anymore

Wow, are you me?
I had a great time with Subnautica all the way up to building the rocket. I had cured myself and after taking 30 mins to come back all the way to the surface I found out I needed to go back just for materials.
thank god for the console, opened that up and built the rocket, a bit anticlimactic but better then just having to resource collect to finish the game

Its "structured" missions within procedurally generated caves.
Basically you get shat into the middle of a dark ass cave and told to do an objective like collect x minerals, repair a broken droppod, kill a couple bosses, defend a thing, or hunt alien eggs. Once you do that you get to call in a big drill droppod to take you back home and finish.
Small packs will linger and spawn occasionally to come for you and every so often large hordes will interrupt your exploration, and often times just doing your objectives triggers a swarm in some way or another.

Missions can be between 5 and 50 minutes long depending on how bad your teammates are and the caves themselves sometimes get horrifically twisty and long.