How to Vsync without input lag?

How to Vsync without input lag?
I can't play without it because turning it off causes tearing and stuttering framerates, even at high fps. Say I cap FPS at 100 (which I easily reach, never a dip below 95). Still the image doesn't feel like 100 FPS. Especially when looking at the ground while moving, it just feels more like 30 FPS. What gives?
With VSync turned on the image is silky smooth and beautiful. But then I have to deal with the input lag.
Any suggestions? I heard capping at 59 FPS gives you the best of both worlds, but I can't tell a difference here.
Got a regular 60 hz monitor.
Thank you!

Attached: sexy skelly.jpg (600x423, 23.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nothkedev.blogspot.com/2017/11/how-to-cope-with-standard-unity-fps.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I didn't read any of the gay shit you wrote but that pic is HOT

Attached: 1562227794255.gif (499x338, 2.1M)

Vidya butts RTX

pls respond

get a monitor with g-sync or some other form of variable refresh rate

I don't know exactly what to say but I'll try. You seem to know what you're doing, but know this: some games, like Hollow Knight are just plain fucking horrible. The input lag is hard baked into the vsync. But games like Halo MCC you'd be amazed how 60fps vsync feels and looks. If you have an nvidia card try "fast mode" for vsync. If not that, then try using RivaTuner to cap the fps at a few fps above 60 while having the nvidia controlpanel forcing vsync off. Besides those things, I can't help you. Try forcing vsync in control panel but turning it off ingame and visa versa. That's all I got. Good luck.

Enable "fast sync" if you're on nvidia or "enhanced sync" in your drivers if you use a radeon. They're the same thing, the game is running uncapped, but only the latest frame is displayed with every refresh.
You get the benefit of an unlocked framerate with lower input lag, but without tearing.

>tfw will never fuck a girl who looks like this and see her insides shift from the dicking

Thank you for your suggestions so far.
Another question: As I use a 60 Hz monitor, does it even make any sense going above 60 FPS? Like, my monitor is physically capped at 60 FPS, so going above it would just increase GPU load but nothing else. Is this statement correct or am I a retard?

This is exactly how it works. If you want more frames to result in more smoothness, you need to upgrade your monitor to one with a higher Hz.
You should consider it given your posts. Monitor upgrades are seriously underrated.

Maybe I'm not tech-savvy enough, but why is it that VSync gives smooth images while turning it off causes stuttery images? The game in question (Deep Rock Galactic, if that matters) can be capped at 60 FPS, or I can turn on VSync. Both result in 60 FPS - but with Vsync on I get smooth images, while having it off and capping at 60 causes the image to lose some of its smoothness. It's especially apparent when looking at the ground while moving - small pebbles etc. kinda "jump" from place to place instead of smoothly wandering, which results in an image which feels more like 30 FPS than 60. What's the reason of this phenomenon? Issue about the game itself?

>It's especially apparent when looking at the ground while moving - small pebbles etc. kinda "jump" from place to place instead of smoothly wandering, which results in an image which feels more like 30 FPS than 60. What's the reason of this phenomenon? Issue about the game itself?
I'm fairly sure that is an issue with the physics tickrate of the game. Objects are updating at a lower rate than your refresh rate.

Stop having sexual thoughts about skeletons.

nothkedev.blogspot.com/2017/11/how-to-cope-with-standard-unity-fps.html
You mean like the second point here?

Yes, exactly! But this isn't an issue at all when VSync is on... Why is that? Does VSync artificially smooth out the movement or something?

They probably set the fixed update rate to 60. So with vsync, every frame is synced to when the updates happen, and it appears smooth.
As soon as your fps increases beyond the update rate, you start seeing things move that way.

I would use rivatuner statistics server to force a 59-58 fps cap, and then use vsync either through RTSS, gpu driver, or another application (at the time I ised Radeonpro because it had a very fast vsync but it is very obsolete) to get low latency vsync.

V sync introduces a buffer or a second frame to the current frame.

Get a 144 Hz monitor, the screen tearing becomes unnoticeable even at games locked to 60 FPS.

is that a buttplug ?

cap your fps at a multiple of 60 not 100 you absolute fucking moron
120 fps on a 60 hz display is perfectly smooth

ok so the refresh rate of your monitor and the frame rate of the graphics card are two separate things.

the monitor constantly draws the screen 60 times in a second. the graphics card renders about that many frames in a second to send to the screen. if the graphics card is rendering too fast or too slow, they can fall out of sync and you see a tear.
with v-sync on, the graphics card is physically prevented from drawing more than 60 frames per second so it can't desync with the monitor, but it has to wait after each frame for the monitor to actually display it, which is why you get lag.

it's like a movie projector: there is a reel of film with prerendered frames on it, this is the GPU output, and there is also a shutter that blanks out the spaces between each frame so you can't see the film moving across the lens: this is the monitor's vertical sync.