Fantasy > sci-fi

fantasy > sci-fi

Attached: f51.jpg (600x675, 31.67K)

based

Attached: 1592420892169.jpg (800x900, 333.22K)

Wild West

Attached: v7c2ny4hdln61.jpg (640x692, 63.23K)

>not fantasy sci-fi
NGMI OP

we need more wild west games

i REFUSE to play rdr2 again

space is stupid

what games do even fall into this genre besides ELEX?

Attached: 20200915132652_1.jpg (1920x1080, 427.65K)

God I'd kill for a RDR set in like the 1870s or something.

simulators

Attached: AAE67738-C3CC-41CB-93DD-A3F2A0A1F446.jpg (666x666, 52.96K)

ywnbaw!!!

Probably true, I mean some Sci-Fi just copies Fantasy tropes with laser swords and space magic.

Phantasy Star series.

Find some nerds and play Deadlands then.

Final Fantasy

Even as an avid sci-fi fan I have to agree. Sci-fi always lacks the foundation and ability to draw on lived experience fantasy does. In fantasy you can actually deal in a form of expression that is all but impossible in the soulless void of materialistic and space. Space feudal societies will always be a hollow cope to the real thing.

hell no

>Space societies will always be a cope to the real thing.
Setting is in a Dyson Swarm with the individual space colonies made up of O'neil Cylinders, no solid governance of the whole swarm just a "UN" of sorts to keep warfare between colonies and alliances of colonies from degrading into solar system destroying capital ship fights; as such, warfare is conducted by armies of spess marines fighting on, and in colonies when they're not boarding each other's troopships or skirmishing for resources on asteroids, planets, and smaller industrial space stations. Because dyson swarms are so big, the setting could be in one that's only taking up half of the available space and still have enough colonies to statistically justify a myriad of level designs/settings. An extreme example would be space jews allying with the white black panthers and space bronies against the evil axis of space nazis, furry space nazis, and black klansmen. Doesn't even need to be a strategy game or a futuristic CoD style shooter, you could have the player taking control of one of three bounty hunters to hunt down space bandits, space pirates, and space epsteins.
There, a sci-fi setting that ain't a cope.

Can confirm. Tried the free Star Citizen week or whatever, felt through an elevator, died. Learned to do space combat but the enemy kamikazed me and died, my body ended up inside a planet I can't reach. Then I tried raiding a bunker and both the enemies and allies were wearing the same clothing but I got penalized for shooting the wrong one and they're free to mow me down. Also my body ended up under the planet so I couldn't recover it

Fuck Sci-fi. I'm gonna be a punch-wizard

what if wild west fantasy?

>he doesn't play desert fantasy sci-fi western games
uhhhh wow

Attached: Kenshi-Logo.jpg (1966x1100, 289.88K)

>Setting is in a Dyson Swarm
Already gay as shit

Why aren't there more games set in the Age of Discovery?

Attached: 1644446353649.jpg (907x510, 117.65K)

would be too fun, games are mostly anti fun these days

Sci-fi is just fantasy except all the forests and plains between towns is empty space.