When will linux ever get to the point when i don't need to google if the game works on linux or not every single time...

when will linux ever get to the point when i don't need to google if the game works on linux or not every single time? like right now if i just randomly got the itch to play Grounded, will it work?

Attached: 1644054045016.jpg (200x219, 6.41K)

I think you're phrasing this wrong. Linux is already capable of playing every single game out there, it's the game developers fault for refusing to port the game to a superior operating system. Linux doesn't need to "get anywhere", game developers need to get their act together.

you're already at this point if you're using win10 or 11. a fuckton of older games simply don't work at all anymore. all of them work well on loonix.

>Fell for the linux is good meme
Lmao, never, only nerds use linux because it's like a playground to test stuff in, no one actually cares about it

When developers stop making games only for Windows. So never.

but why? i get it's because windows is a larger platform, but why do they REFUSE to? bungie literally REFUSES to support linux and they straight up ban you from destiny 2 if you somehow got to play it on linux. are games easier to hack on linux or some shit?

like what? games from the 1980s?

linux is communism and only retards use it anyway

they're scared of the linux-aimbot kernel

>only nerds use linux because it's like a playground to test stuff in, no one actually cares about it
True, I love linux, I'm on an arch install right now, but I hate how all my peers try to sell it. I like it because I like the pros more than I hate the cons but thats because I'm a fucking loser. Its cool that I can play games now without switching over to my Windows install but this still isn't a "good" experience from the perspective of your PC working like a console.

>he got filtered

is that a thing? could it be a thing?

the guy who wont let fortnite work on linux seems to think so

>but why do they REFUSE to? bungie literally REFUSES to support linux and they straight up ban you from destiny 2 if you somehow got to play it on linux
I honestly have no idea. Many other developers are fine with supporting EAC on Linux, so it must be some secret agreement with Microsoft.

He has a hateboner for Linux and is pissed off at Valve because they made Linux gaming work before him. I wouldn't take Tim seriously.

>so it must be some secret agreement with Microsoft.
i 100% believe this
or their lazy fucks who don't want to add any more strain to their non existent support system

Well, Halo Infinite crashes on purpose when you try to run it on Linux, so there's that.

>but why?
The anti-cheat is seriously gimped on Linux via Proton. This is good for users, but for corporations is basically like having no AC at all.

halo infinite crashed all the time on w10 for me in multiplayer anyhow

I expect him to change his opinion soonish cause he kind of misses out on the steam deck and alternatives hype

Yeah, but if I recall correctly Halo Infinite loads a library that calls an undocumented Windows 10 kernel function for no reason other than to make the game crash on Linux. Of course that means it doesn't work on Windows 7 either, but that's beneficial for Microsoft.

no. but I do believe we may get to a point where compatibility is due to anti cheat or drm. however, in those cases, you shouldn't even give them your attention.