Why hasn't there been an action game that uses fighting game command inputs and combos for its spell casting?

Why hasn't there been an action game that uses fighting game command inputs and combos for its spell casting?
Think of all the possibilities
>a weak fireball could just use the simple hadouken motion while a big meteor rain would require a much longer and precise string
>players would actually have to learn the spells they want to cast and practice them to be able to use them effectively in battle
>gets rid of long cast times
>encourages players to focus on a certain subset of spells that they are good
>would be more accurate to how a wizards are supposed to work

Attached: 1648512893699.jpg (640x386, 57.6K)

Attached: 7924696b-3f43-4732-ad04-98bc98d22850.jpg (2476x3508, 3.9M)

Zoomed faggot alert. Look up Tekken force and delete your shit thread

thanks
I don't want a fighting game except vs mooks, I want a game that takes the inputs and strings fighting games use to make its magic system more skill based.

Castlevania SOTN

You just described magika you know

Most fighting games take place on a 2D plane even the 3D ones, none of this shit would work on well on a fully 3D battlefield with enemies coming from all directions

immediately thought of that as well

Attached: 845638398236.jpg (328x154, 11.78K)

It's crazy soulsfags think they are the legacy of castlevania and they absolutely loathe motion inputs and more than 4 usable moves

That's basically how Magicka works, but it is definitely an underserved niche. Hammering out the big but powerful spells as fast as possible felt really good, and that was a pretty simple execution of the concept, there's a lot of other directions you could go with it.

On top of this even 2D action games operate differently from fighting games since you aren't locked on to the one enemy the whole time. You'd need a turn around button like in Guilty Gear isuka to facilitate things properly, and most people really didn't like having to make use of that.
In most cases 2D fighting games are better of copying Smash Bros style inputs, and 3D games can copy Devil May Cry.

It wouldn't work in 3D since it would spin the character everywhere as you input directions. That's why you often see the directional input as going into the enemy.

Using DMC as an example almost everything is intuitive to use except for 5 Vergil's World of V move which requires a full rotation of the left stick, it's a pain in the ass to use now imagine how much of a pain having to do quarter and half turns would be

There could use a button to start "casting mode" where movement and other controls would be temporaliy taken away from the player to allow for the full range of the stick and use of the buttons, besides one that is used to exit casting mode. I admit it's not the most elegant solution

You don't know the meaning of sweat until you find someone as good as you in magika wizard wars, korean rts wished they had APM that high
>forever assblasted that they closed down the servers

it doesn't have to work that way. streets of rage had a button that locked movement as long as it was held, allowing you to perform the commands without walking off a ledge.

Odin Sphere does. Guilty Gear Judgment does too, if I remember right.

>There could use a button to start "casting mode" where movement and other controls would be temporaliy taken away from the player to allow for the full range of the stick and use of the buttons, besides one that is used to exit casting mode
Holding a button would be better like over the shoulder/ADS in a shooter, course then you run into the problem of HOW the inputs are supposed to be read is it relative to where the camera is facing or where the character is facing. Then you have aiming, how do you aim, how do you aim and put imputs in at the same time, how do the inputs translate into casting time ect ect. FG style inputs for an action game are simply too complex, it might work for a turn based RPG of some sort but not any action game

Odin Sphere has simple Smash style inputs of a direction and a button, not fighting game styled multi directional inputs to use a skill.

You can set the skills to fighting game inputs, it lets you have as many skills as you want equipped. They're just set to Smash style inputs by default because that's simpler and it's easier to manage just 4 skills.

It works in fighting games because you always face the enemy. In an action game you look where you're facing. Devil May Cry is as close as you'll get to this.

As the thread keeps going I realize more and more how poorly I worded my thoughts in the OP but thanks still to everyone who has given me game suggestions
>Holding a button would be better
It could works for simple spells but what I meant by a "longer and precise string" for the meteor rain was something more akin to a combo trial, not necessarily as extensive as pic related but definitely something that would require all those buttons
>HOW the inputs are supposed to be read is it relative to where the camera is facing or where the character is facing
just make it entirely deterministic, instead of half circle forward it would always just be half circle right
>how do you aim and put inputs in at the same time
lock on would work for most spells
>how do the inputs translate into casting time
the inputs are the casting time, a game like this would be more lenient about it's timing so that even a full second can go on before you do the next input. A worse player might need a cheat sheet to read while carefully doing the inputs while someone that's practiced it can do it as fast as his fingers can manage

Attached: 1645203119972.png (1200x675, 314.14K)

Final Fight LNS Ultimate kinda does this as a beat-em-up, right down to having a normal combo chain, specials that can cancel into one another, and supers. That and there's like 90 characters

Attached: Final-Fight-LNS-3.0-All-Characters-Openbor-Kapak.jpg (1000x500, 278.94K)

What is this, MUGEN: the beat-em-up?