Is it too late to start your own gaming youtube channel?

Is it too late to start your own gaming youtube channel?
Hows yours getting along?

Attached: 1384060.png (512x512, 8.42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

joinpeertube.org/
youtube.com/channel/UChDVgmFnqNyCFcijvMrMwgg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's about 13 years too late user
Just go to twitch and play league of legends if you want to make money

it never seems to be too late. few elcelebs last very long. almost all the people who exploded in the first run are gone or fell to degenerate scandals.

As long as you do something creative and are actually funny then yeah

If Scott the Woz can do it, so can you

Hmm...

I just wanna make videos about videogames i'm passionate about. I don't really want to become an eceleb or a "gaming personality", I wouldn't even wanna show off my face. Just a detached voice really.

It's over a decade too late to start ANY youtube channel. Successful content creators are dropping much faster than new ones have been taking their place. You're better off waiting until the next twitch, tiktok, whatever.

Then you are not going to succeed because that shit doesn't stick

No. Do what you like, just don't expect it to be a big money maker. If you do it specifically to make money you will be an insufferable trend-chasing genital gargling moron. Don't limit yourself to just YT or Twitch though, these are shitty proprietary centralized platforms. Avoid garbage "crypto blockchain required" also rans which are basically only there to jack the price of some crypto asset.

Besides the big names, use PeerTube joinpeertube.org/ - its open source/libre, federated, not limited to any particular instance, doesn't require some crypto bullshit . Create a channel on an instance who's account you can get along with, or run your own instance if you want. Think about it like email or any other federated protocol - there can be gmail or microsoft mail, but you can also run your own mail server, and all are interoperable in terms of sending email between one address to another.

11 months in, about 600 subs and it's been nothing but positive so far. If you believe you can succeed, you got my blessing user.

It's far, far too late. Even if you went the vtuber route like a lot of people are now, you missed the boat by about a year and a half.

Good luck bro, I hope your channel keeps growing

Best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago, second best time to plant it is today.

I watched a small youtuber go from about 10k views a video on indie puzzle games to getting paid promotions and selling merch on 200k view videos over the past year. It's kind of inspiring and intimidating.

I created my gaming channel solely to upload Sega Mega Drive soundtracks in high quality. The whole library isn't available but I'm happy with what I've uploaded.

It's just for people who like Mega Drive music.
youtube.com/channel/UChDVgmFnqNyCFcijvMrMwgg

>Is it too late to start your own gaming youtube channel?
It's never too late. Just be better than the rest and don't waste your audience's time by being shit. The best way to make videos is to have a duty-bound reason, akin to thinking that everyone sucks and that if you don't do it, it'll never be properly said.

>Hows yours getting along?
I'm at 95k subs. I haven't made a gaming video in a while, but I'm slowly working on a KotoR 1-2 retrospective video.

Imma be honest, I don't know how to feel about paid promos and sponsorships. Sure, getting extra money is great and all from the perspective of the channel owner but how do people that watch the video feel about it?
I just personally hate it and skip it but I also can't fault them for it. If I were to get sponsored and stuff i'd take it because it would help me support my family even more, but what if the channel would suffer for it?
Short vs long term gains. Maybe something like patreon is better i that case.

That's why I refused the only two sponsorship I was ever offered. Some people left comments prior to that akin to "oh at least your videos aren't filled with shilling" and I took that way too personally. It's risky to damage your own public perception with shit like Raid Shadow Legends or Dollar Shave Club.

>Who is Ssethtzeentach
Also tons of channels get views just doing dumb reviews

If you're looking for advice on Any Forums you're on the wrong place, go look at successful creators and start trying things out, there are tons of resources online on how to get started

should I start uploading my soundcloud songs to youtube instead? i'm getting like 20 views per track on average and my highest one is like 3k, would be cool as fuck to get like 10k views or idk how much bigger the indie music searching demographic is on yt compared to soundcloud

holostars EN has had their recruitment open for ages, there's not enough good talent

>no jewel master
get the fuck on it, faggot. you have ONE JOB

It depends on the content model you're going for and how you want to monetize it - if you want to monetize it. Let's assume you're not just making videos "for fun" and want to make money off of it.

If you do something like MandaloreGaming or Seth, then you don't need to bend the knee but you are beholden to your viewers. This means you're walking a pretty dangerous tight rope of trying to get more viewers who will want to sponsor your efforts, while also retaining and being loyal to the people who have so far sponsored you.

On the other end is "the grind," where you just make videos and make money - that's where you take your Raid Shadow Legends sponsorship and sell t-shirts. There's a reason this is the dominant mode of content production on youtube. It's secure, viewers understand it (the same way TV viewers understand ad breaks), and your fans may even support it. I don't know about you but I can't pay my bills with good will and upvotes - I need money.

In general though you won't really worry about how you monetize your channel though until you've got like, 100k viewers regularly, unless you're one of those psychopaths who does Youtube Streaming, or you start milking that Patreon cow very early.