Given the chance, would you go back in time and tell your childhood self to choose different consoles/games?

Given the chance, would you go back in time and tell your childhood self to choose different consoles/games?

Attached: 1643186618014.jpg (400x651, 36.08K)

Note to self. Do not avoid games with girl main characters and no matter what do not sell them if you buy them. For example Shantae, Tron Bonne, Cotton, ect.

Attached: aad.gif (296x270, 384.83K)

I would tell my kid self to fight twice as hard to get a PS2 since I was stuck with a PS1 and a pentium II computer for all of 6th gen.

I woulda warned myself away from a lot of my PS3 library for sure, if only because I got super discouraged by the endless remasters going into PS4 on. Like 80% of what I picked up turned into inferior versions before I even got around to them.

PS2 at least got value added with every PS3 era HD collection having 3~5 games per; that said, I distinctly remember going to gamestop BOGOs where I'd dejectedly return the next day to throw back near everything on learning there were superior remasters on PS4 now. Permanently killed my drive to actually play mainstream releases, since there always seems to be another version 5 years on with more ~stuff~.

Even indies aren't totally safe; remember getting burned seeing guacamelee turn into gold, then into super turbo...

Attached: PS3 Composite.jpg (4800x2419, 3.29M)

I would make my sorry ass get a gaming capable Pentium PC, ASAP.

I don't think I'd change a thing.
>chose SNES over Genesis
>chose N64, and eventually got a PS2 so I didn't miss out on PS1 games
>got a GameCube shortly after PS2
>Xbox 360 played all the Xbox games I cared about

I would tell my past self not to waste 10 years of his life playing League of Legends.

I was a Nintendo kid, and at the PS2 generation I started buying both Nintendo and Playstation consoles.
I never cared, and still don't care, for xbox, and sega, while nice, died with the dreamcast.
So no, no regrets.

I'd go back in time and kick my own ass.

Hey dude don’t play fortnite, go get an Xbox one and get laid

I was gearing up to get a PS2 for my birthday day, but since I had a late birthday, I had to wait until the fall. During the summer, I went to a summer camp where I saw some kids play Halo and I fell in love, so once my birthday came, I asked my dad for the Xbox instead. Because of Halo, my entire life changed because my friend group got started because we all like Halo, and almost 20 years later and we are still good friends that hang out. Its crazy to think that my life would probably be a lot different had I got a PS2 instead.

Childhood me didn't get to decide which consoles and games I got to play, my parents did.

No but I'd warn old Any Forums what Any Forums and vidya's like today then leak the entire Brawl roster.

No, I was a loser, I'm much better now that I have a younger sister

The only remorse I have is ever asking for an Xbox.
The red ring of death was truly a bitch.

I would tell him to not play video games

not really, I would warn myself not to lend certain games to certain friends though

I still want my original copy of F-Zero GX back, Andrew

I'd tell younger me to get more into PC gaming sooner. I've only gotten into the early Valve/Source games recently and I really like them.

I might have chosen OG Xbox over PS2, because most of the games were cross-platform and looked and played better on Xbox. As a kid though it just seemed like PS2 had the coolness factor.

Attached: 943e19dd-4973-4357-a3f7-43203fe48247_rw_1200.jpg (640x480, 78.84K)

I'd go back in time and fuck my own ass

Attached: 394-3944266_lenny-face.jpg (820x483, 54.71K)

You're not getting it back Jason

Is she cute and pretty?

PS2 did have the best library and it became pretty apparent, but the Xbox is a fun console to play around with. Easy second best that gen.