Who the fuck was the target audience for this?

Who the fuck was the target audience for this?

Attached: 9ohvfogzlbg61.jpg (1920x1080, 330.62K)

Me. I enjoyed it and nothing else matters. Cope and seethe.

I made a gaping soiface and clapped and cried when I saw this. I love DS1 fanservice!!!!!!

Attached: 1632070295801.gif (304x319, 174.97K)

Anor Londo is famously a disappointingly small area so I liked how we essentially got to explore a different section of it. My reaction to seeing it for the first time was, "Oh hey, maybe they'll do it justice this time." They definitely didn't nail it, but I don't think having Anor Londo again is an inherently bad idea. If they had just copied Anor Londo from DaS1 1:1 people shitting on it would have a point, but they did a decent job making the level feel unique from the first iteration of AL level design and atmosphere-wise. I just wish the level had the large scale it deserves to have. I fucking HATE how tiny From's interiors are compared to how things look from outside. One of their worst traits imo.

me

Idk, I didn't care much for it. Thought the previous area was a lot better and wish they focused more on street/indoor exploration like how they did with Leyndell.

I

I never understood this, does DS3 take place in the same general area as DS1? Did the rest of the giant city and the walls just crumble away? Or is it some sort of abstract "memory" of the original Anor Londo?

Attached: 1623775825267.jpg (750x597, 71.22K)

It's supposed to be thousands of years after the first game, with the world having undergone at least several light/dark cycles since.

Why is the ons room so much smaller? I mean the whole thing is scaled down I get, but that room is just completely ruined

nothing just miyazaki forced to shit all over the lore of one

What are you talking about? DS3 Londo is the entrance bridge, a stairwell, and the main hall. That's it.

>does DS3 take place in the same general area as DS1?
Yes

I think he means lower Irithyll as well.

What was Aldrich doing there anyway

Which doesn't particularly make sense, considering that everything was already long demolished by DS2 (just another thing it did better) but, yknow, we gotta have our epic fanservice instead of putting in actual effort.

After he ate Gwyndolin, he started to embody some of his thoughts (that's why he uses an attack similar to Priscilla's scythe), so he either became attached to Anor Londo or he's just a lazy fucking blob

The lore claims the pontiff discovered Anor Londo in some kind of archeological project. Apparently gwyndolin was there and he brought Aldrich there to feed on him, or something. Dunno, it's not great but it's far from the worst fan service I've seen in a game.

They couldn’t exactly leave something like that out and about, it was central to Supyvahn’s religion but he didn’t want it in the way so he locked it up where it could just gestate on the tranny for a few hundred years.

Gwyndolinfags and Dark Moon Blades
Aka me

Attached: 10ed8f00ab4a3c5e3276a441ad4fcd00.jpg (2476x3172, 806.76K)

Anor Londo is one of the most important locations in souls and was built well enough to last through the ages

I thought Pontiff was defending Gwyndolin from Aldrich and the two had to fight, Pontiff being the loser.

The TL;DR explanation is that Lothric shenanigans linked the fire too much and the rules of time are starting to break apart in DS3.

He wanted to eat Gwyndolin his title is Devourer of Gods in the fight

DS3 nostalgia baits in an annoying way on purpose. The whole game is a commentary on sequels. Keep smashing the same things together over and over and you just get a hollow recreation of the glory that once was. It's the thematic throughline of the entire game.

Sulyvahn locked Aldrich in anor londo and built the church around him. Aldrich is some disgusting sludge mutant, but it served Sulyvahn’s purposes to keep him around. Sulyvahn is an average JRPG final boss, some insane evil church leader, but in III he’s just the mid game filter.

Nope. He was restoring Anor Londo for some reason I can't remember, and took Aldrich from the cathedral specifically to kill gwyndolin, because it was the only way to get rid of him. I'm pretty much just repeating Vaati shit though.

No he betrayed Gwyndolin I think he poisoned him so he was weakened for Aldritch

Smough did defend anor londo from Sulyvahn/Aldrich you’re likely just misremembering the two since they’re similar, both fat disgusting creatures that eat other people and are hated.

they wanted the reddit and youtube lore audience

woah

ok but it still had medicore gameplay at best

Every person who played DS1? You FUCKING retard?

Attached: 1648800394692.gif (323x233, 1.54M)