I beat SMT5 yesterday and I liked the combat, but man was everything else rancid...

I beat SMT5 yesterday and I liked the combat, but man was everything else rancid. I want to give this series a second try, but I don't know which one is considered the best so help me out. If you had to recommend someone one of the SMT games which one would that be?

Attached: 1646693025836.jpg (1089x613, 218.71K)

IV or III.
I's PSX version is being translated if you want to start from the very beginning.

3 got a remaster or something, right? Does that add anything or is it identical to the PS2 release?

4 and 3.
First 4, and if you liked it, play the sequel, Final/apocalypse
Then play 3.
Also, i know you're lying and just wanted to make a SMT thread, so here you go.

Attached: 1644211349965.png (952x743, 848.09K)

4 is the best by quite a lot IMO, none of the others are worth the time

Don't touch the remasters.
Plus they're not free, unlike everything else.
The remasters mess with the graphics and make the normal content DLC.

The remaster lets you select skills when you fuse rather than having to reroll, so that alone puts it above the original release.

I'm not lying though. I really fucking hated the world design and the characters. Especially that blond faggot.

I have a hacked switch, wasn't that also released on switch so I can just pirate it?

5 is literally the worst one in the series in term of anything that isn't the combat.
Nocturne is quite literally 5 but well made.
Play 4 if you want one with a more conventional story and it has a sequel, 4A, that is better in every way.

Persona is popular for a reason and thats because its not a boring overrated turd like the rest of the SMT games.

No the reason for persona´s popularity is low level weebs that dont know Japanese and cant read Visual novels
I know because I used to be exactly that and used to love P3, now Id die before playing that again.

The remaster's coice acting is meh and the graphical enhancement is on par to running the ps2 game on higher resolution through an emulator.
But the ability to choose fusion skills instead of rerolling for an hour for the skills you want is a godsend and makes it 100% worth it imo.

voice*

The Switch version runs like actual ass

yeah, i played it on the switch (not paying 60 bucks for a PS2 game from 2 decades ago lol) and it was comfier than the original. just make sure to turn voices off because they have ed edd n eddy voices

Did the original have voice acting? Wouldn't be too surprising for a PS2 game to be like 90% not voice acted.

Can't really say SMT5 ran any good so I'm not surprised. I usually just play in handheld mode while watching something on my TV anyways.

The ps2 version had no voice acting at all, which was honestly kinda weird since Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 had voice acting.

Since this is a stealth SMT thread I want to say I picked V back up after getting about halfway through then distracted by RL and it’s absolutely fucking destroying me. I was finally playing through P5R via streaming on my deck and I think I might have brain damage or something from the easier combat, every fight in V is raping me and yes I have the mitama DLC so I’m slightly overleveled and very overgloried and yes I’m on normal. It took me 5 tries to beat one of the Abcesses in Ginza after I looked up a guide.

Happened to me when I couldn't play Nocturne because my controller got fucked so I started playing more P3P.
When I got back to Nocturne random encounters were raping my ass, I swear Persona combat gives you brain damage.

I thought SMT5 was a joke, but then I found out that due to downloading the fucking game with all DLC the mitama thingies don't usually spawn everywhere so I wasn't supposed to be level 60+ in the second area.

The problem with SMT combat is that there is no middle ground you either get stomped or stomp and both scenarios are boring