WubububuBUBUBUBUBUBUBUBUBUB

wubububuBUBUBUBUBUBUBUBUBUB

Attached: megamono.gif (256x256, 10.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

romhacking.net/hacks/992/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what's the best place to start with classic Mega Man?
what're the best ones? I just downloaded 2 and 4 off Vimm's Lair

I always got giddy when in Mega Man 4 I would enter the boss door while Mega Man was flashing green
2 for sure. 1 kinda sucks to be honest but it's worth a play once you're done with the rest of the series if you're curious about how it all started.

basically any other than 1 and 3 are good jumping in points

Anything 3 and up, MMs without the slide just aren't the same. 2 is good but it's often way overrated when it's still full of so many teething issues.

romhacking.net/hacks/992/
this good for MM3?

Attached: file.png (800x800, 345.52K)

For the Classic series you can start pretty much anywhere, there's not much of a narrative through line between them and they're all mechanically nigh identical, but Mega Man 2 is a good place as well.
The original version of MM1 blows but the PSP remake was neat with a bunch of extra content and playable characters. PSP is easy to emulate as well. The rest of the Classic series is best played by emulating the original titles. The various ports don't add anything worthwhile, though if you can find a working version of Wily Wars for the Genesis it has some neat original content after clearing MM1~3. The Super Nintendo version of Mega Man & Bass is also superior to the GBA port, and fan-translated.
For Mega Man 9 & 10 you're best off buying / pirating Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 on your platform of choice. The Legacy Collections should work well enough for the other titles as well, but I don't know if they have the input lag the X Legacy Collections do. Mega Man 11 is also worth a look, though aside from being sleek it's not much different from its predecessors.

PHSOOOOOOOHH

Attached: chargeshot.png (1600x692, 1.02M)

PWOOOOSH
PWOOOOSH
PWOOOOSH
PWOOOOSH

Attached: file.png (256x224, 97.94K)

I always heard disappearing blocks more as a
"BWOIVV"

SKREEEE

Attached: Untitled.png (1616x1239, 3.31M)

Why don't you guys like the first game?
I've only played up to MM4, but I think 1's the best game so far.

Not them but MM1 has the least polished physics, awkward stage design, awful balance and no password system makes me less likely to want to replay it.

>uses item 2

Attached: Megaman_dabs_on_em.webm (954x558, 2.55M)

ting

Attached: it's about the mets love the mets let's go mets.png (144x88, 405)

>wonky physics
>underwhelming weapons
>the fucking yellow devil
I give it a pass since it's the very first game in the series but it's my least favorite one to replay by far.

>no password system
Did people playing the original release actually have to restart the whole game every time they turned it on?
t. played it on the legacy collection

Basically this: It suffers the same fate as most first franchise entries on NES; it's underdeveloped compared to its successors. Though if you got through MM1 just fine you should be able to breeze through everything else with little trouble.

Mega Man 1 is pretty short and outside of Yellow Devil (which you can cheese if you want) and maybe Copy Mega Man it isnt a hard game.
Score is fucking useless though I'll give you that.

SHOW YOUR FUCKING FACE MET YOU FAT FUCKING ASSMUCHING WASTE OF SPACE I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD I HATE YOUR FUCKING HELMET OPEN UUUUPPPPPP

Attached: megamad.gif (474x360, 976.66K)

Why are Mega Man 8's sprites so soulless?
>MM7: When Mega Man uses a charged shot, his arm swings upwards from the recoil
>MM11: When Mega Man uses a charged shot, he uses his free arm to stabilize his gun arm
>MM8: There is no difference in Mega Man's animations whether he uses a normal shot or charged shot

The final stretch is pretty brutal also since e-tanks aren't a thing in 1.

Yes.

It's always nice when a Mega Man game gives you a weapon that lets you kill Mets immediately. MM11 might have gone a bit overboard though. Like there are I think four separate weapons in that game that let you insta-kill not only Mets, but the invincible things that go bonkers whenever you're on level with them.

Score could have been good if the stupid balls werent random. As it is getting a high score is nothing but luck, nothing to do with skill, its seriously stupid.

That's pretty brutal desu.

Thats almost every game from my childhood. You got gud and beat it in 30 minutes or you got stuck and never saw the end, which sucked anyways.

Once you git gud you can pretty much finish the game in 45 minutes or less, and because of he way Mega Man games are structured you can grind the levels that give you the most trouble (excluding Wily stages) easily.

It just seems out of place in a game with unlimited continues.

Mega Man 11's special weapons are even more fun than 9's so I'm okay with it

Those are the best starting points, in my opinion. 2 is very easy to get into aside from a couple of extremely bullshit parts, and 4 is the game where they perfected the formula and everything finally clicked.
Start with 2 but don't be afraid to drop it and move to 4 if you get frustrated.

IV GB was great in this regard.
>When Mega Man uses a charged shot, he gets pushed backwards from the recoil

They're pretty practical, yeah. Easily the best shield weapon since it's not just literally "stand still and things that touch you die".