Game dev thread

How's your game going? Anyone else struggling with all the shit they gotta do just to get a playable demo ready?

Attached: game engines.png (312x162, 8.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Castle_Clique
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Developing computer games is the most degenerate act a man can commit.

added a pistol mechanic and a nazi angel waifu to my game.
twitter.com/Castle_Clique

Attached: hilda_gif_small.gif (320x200, 3.96M)

how so?

Like this.

Attached: blair thankyou1.gif (270x459, 129.15K)

What is this schizo shit

I want to make a 2D zelda clone. Do people play 2d zelda clones? Are there too many 2d zelda clones?

Attached: Minish Cap2.png (2984x2984, 3.07M)

I now understand how to read txt files, how to write txt files and pointers. Now I just need to learn everything else and do everything else.

Attached: 1635252941132.jpg (314x160, 5.5K)

what do you think are the hallmarks of a good zelda? And yeah, Tunic came out recently and was good

For me it's satisfying exploration. A big map to get lost in, secret locations that you figure out how to get to without having to be told, stuff like that. Dungeons are fun but it's the overworld that I tend to enjoy the most.

Making a tileset is fucking HARD bros... I'm working with 32x32 resolution sprites and it's going to be so hard to convey things the way I want. Plus I'm still trying to figure out EXACTLY how I want to sprite things for my characters, because I want your equips to actually change your appearance, which in 2d pixel art is a massive pain.

Yep, using unity and struggling to get my guy to stop falling through the floor, I know I need to assign collisions to my tiles but I’m having trouble with it

i know what i need to do (and it's not even hard, all i have to do is think) but for some reason I JUST CAN'T FUCKING DO IT.

Attached: Daco_5589680.png (600x672, 449.77K)

There are not enough good 2D zelda clones, let alone ones with an artstyle that doesn’t suck and aren’t meme shit. At least mina looks cool and ocean’s heart looks kinda neat

Bump

adhd

Post more

I attached death, fire, and damage effects to all the big ships. I have debris for them but I'm sick of doing death effects, I'm working on bosses now.

Attached: UnderspaceCapshipExplosionsNA.webm (1600x900, 2.86M)

Here.

Good shit.

Attached: blair's shop.webm (1759x980, 2.19M)

you're probably right honestly
what the fuck do i do

>have idea for a game
>start working on it
>can't find the motivation to work out any specific details
>give up

Attached: 1613127229605.jpg (542x543, 38.17K)

>Have endless ideas for games
>Can't do art
>No money to pay people to do art
fucking kill me

break down what you need to do in very simple steps and put it on a checklist