So I just got the collection for free and I was wondering if it's worth playing or if people just have nostalgia...

so I just got the collection for free and I was wondering if it's worth playing or if people just have nostalgia goggles?

Attached: 1640548322066.jpg (474x474, 61.69K)

1 has aged poorly and 2 was bad even at release. Infinite is the only one that still holds up, play it and be prepared to be blown away.

How about playing the game and forming your own opinion?

they were great at the time, but sadly they didn't age well.

I just played them for the first time this month and I disagree. 1 holds up by far the best. Infinite is saved only by its dlc. 2 is just more of 1 with less ooo and ahh

They are popular only with journalists and normoids. If you have taste you will mostly be annoyed that the setting was wasted on such a mediocre game.

Bioshock 1 remastered looks and runs pretty great, I replayed it last month, what the fuck are you on about?

Play it and form your own opinions.

That's some good bait.

Attached: Bioshock 2018-08-20 14-46-37.jpg (2560x1440, 991.42K)

one imo is the best in the series vv fun and atmospheric and great story if youre going in blind
two is also pretty good but more actiony, still decent story also but not as impactful as one i think
three i didnt like at all as a bioshock game. as a normal game its v ok but its made super easy with elizabeth and doesnt have the same feel as the other games. the story i think is also shit. dlc is fun tho v fan servicey the story in them kinda contradicts some things already established but i still liked it more than the base game

It's great

>remastered
That's a broken piece of pajeet garbage.
They coudn't figure out the water shaders or 3d audio so they scrapped them.

Attached: Bioshock 2018-08-26 00-14-08.jpg (2560x1440, 1.23M)

The reason is disk space. I have to clear out stuff for them since I have a bunch of other games I also enjoy and a somewhat small set of SSDs

1= best story
2= best gameplay
infinite= worst of both

You can install it on a HDD, the loadtimes are tirival on a 5k-7k RPM

Bioshock 1 on hard is hard

have they fixed up the remasters since the release? I had my saves corrupted twice when I played 1 a few years back

1 & 2 are ok games. Cool thematically and few uniquelly fun gameplay moments. 2 > 1, but you need to play 1 first. Infinite is irredeemable garbage, don't touch.

Play the fucking original game, it looks and runs better.
You ca even uncap the physics to run at ANY framereate instead of the hardlocked 60 on the demaster.

Attached: 1572845351904.png (426x251, 113.08K)

but I'm not going to get cheevos if I play the og's :(

also nobody is seeding a torrent for the originals

Do you really torrent games that are 5 bucks?

1 is a great, but highly simplified immersive sim, it's good for at least one playthrough. 2 Remastered is fucking unplayable, it crashes every five goddamn minutes and it hasn't been fixed and never will, you will have to try jump through a thousand hoops every time and get anxiety attacks waiting for it to inevitably crash and you go back to the drawing board trying to figure out which config you're gonna fuck around with next. Get original 2 running or just don't bother, it's not very good. Infinite is shit, just go play Deus Ex or Prey once you reach that point. Or System Shock, if you're brave enough.