Are anime fighting games actually worth seriously studying and playing?

Are anime fighting games actually worth seriously studying and playing?

Attached: bbfcf.jpg (1280x720, 112.38K)

No fighting games is actually worth seriously studying and playing.

lemme know when arksys makes a yu yu hakusho game

Attached: koto_flip.gif (400x300, 1.52M)

No. They're all niche so you'll be playing with the same literal discord trannies all day. You also won't get any big money tournament pots or sponsorships like the big fighting games so no point in trying to play professionally either.

Why can't people just have fun?

Cause learning them isn't fun when they started to focus on wacky 20x hit combos with aerial mixups. It was more fun when it was about footsies and catching people with specials and cancels. There is little enjoyment in pouring tons of hours into a modern fighter

Then just get on fightcade.

They're worth playing, but the idea that you have to seriously study them just to play isn't true, and you should only do it if you're already invested in the game after playing for a while, I feel. There are plenty of gorillas in anime fighters you can learn quickly and just go wild with.

Been there done that

If learning isn't fun then it's not for you. You might have more fun with Strive and SFV.

I kniw it's a meme at thia point but anime games will turn you into a tranny, DO NOT SO THIS
90% of playerbase of anime games are niggers and trannies and if you're not a tranny you will eventually beocme one
>uh oh how do i play anime games when no one plays them
You use Discord
GURSS WHO'S USING DISCORD?
GUESS WHO'S PLAGUING THE SMALL COMMUNITIES?

Now see, Guilty Gear Strive is funy because it has a lot of normalfag appeal but even it's not safe. Just stick to Strive and SVF with some Fightcade idk. Do not touch anime games.

Attached: 1584833109844.jpg (582x728, 126.59K)

Only if you actually enjoy the learning process and competition. If you play only to win or you find learning matchups, neutral, combos, systems, interactions boring then stay away. Games with a population can be played casually anytime but these games are so niche, that people constantly get better simply because they absolutely have to in order to be able to even play the game since only people who grind it stay for the long run.
No, the single player isn’t ever worth it.
Yes, if you have friends to play with consistently it can be fun (like literally anything else)

Currently learning bbtag it's fun. (400 wins since starting at rollback)

The getting your arse kicked part is the hardest but I've started winning games now and though I'll never enter a tourney or play this professionally just playing another variant of chess is amazing for the mind.

The only things you need to be good at fighters is a will to learn and time.

There are modern fighters that have less than 20 hit combos. See SamSho 7 GBVS, DNF Duel, GGST, KOFXV, Fantasy Strike, etc, etc

Anyone up for some games?

perhaps in an hour or so

I'll be down to play either AACC or CF

Attached: Kagura_B_Dragon_Spirit.gif (2087x863, 1.34M)

some CentralFiction would be nice

Attached: play blazblue.png (1204x716, 1.89M)

No video games are worth playing. But they're pretty fun so I play them.

>It was more fun when it was about footsies and catching people with specials and cancels
so the majority of fighting games? not even old gg games have 20hit combos as the norm. games like blazblue, uni, dbfz are extreme outliers. you sound like someone that think if a game has an airdash then it doesn't have neutral when you really just don't want to learn it.

Whenever you're ready

Attached: Cut yo fries.gif (498x406, 2.95M)

>Cause learning them isn't fun when they started to focus on wacky 20x hit combos with aerial mixups
>There is little enjoyment in pouring tons of hours into a modern fighter
Why is it that every thread about fighting games on Any Forums is filled with people who actually don't know shit about the genre they're talking about?
The only modern games I can think of that fit that description are BBTAG and DBFZ and both are those games are far from the standard

Because most anons on Any Forums is "that" friend who invites you to play a fighter and then gets mad at you for figuring out how to do BnBs and use a universal mechanic when you're playing together and says they don't want to play with you anymore.
They never leave that phase of learning how to play the game. They want to eternally button mash and never leave that scrub mashing phase from the first 3 days of starting a new fighter

steam://joinlobby/586140/109775245104329626/76561198997303871
CentralFiction lobby. get in while it's hot