To understand why this is a bad thing...

>To understand why this is a bad thing, we have to confront a hard truth that few people seem to want to face about the Souls games, including From Soft themselves. But here it is: the combat is nothing remarkable. There is no aerial combat, and that equates to mediocre gameplay. In terms of actual complexity, there's not much going on. There's not much *depth*, and that wouldn't be a problem except the series has increasingly leaned on its action elements more and more while refusing to incorporate juggling, hot weapon swapping, dodge cancelling or even a simple style meter. So prepare to roll again and again, and again and again and again.

Soulsfags never *really* recovered from this, did they?

Attached: unnamed[1].jpg (900x900, 31.92K)

Fromdrones never recover from any form of criticism. They take even the mildest critique personally and shout down anything they disagree with with desperate cries of "git gud"

It seems to me FS heard all his complaints and made them all worse in Elden Ring.

He played a different version of Demons Souls than the one I played where 95% of the gameplay was running around wacking stuff, and even rolling.

Souls has better combat than Reddit May Cry and any other PS2 button masher

What would the style meter ranks in Elden Ring be?

Attached: sss.jpg (1920x1080, 297.83K)

It will never cease to amuse me to what length these Redditors will go to cope with how hard they got filtered.

So the game is bad because it is not Devil May Cry?
What kind of stupid logic is that
I don't even like Fromsoft games but just because they don't cater to you does not make them objectively bad
If you like cuhrazy so much just replay them, they made Bloody Palace for this exact fucking reason

No aerial is less of an issue in souls but it kills a game like FF7R leaving no survivors

>why isn't this action RPG more like a hack-n-slash game

Yeah, he's right. Souls combat is nothing special and fairly shallow, and this shouldn't be particularly controversial.

what the shit is this thread?

Lol i hope this is bait

>Mathewmetastasis

Attached: HOW DO PLAY VIDEO GEEM.webm (856x482, 2.92M)

Both Nioh and For Honor prove you can have Souls gameplay with good combat. From Drones have low standards

in case there's anybody in this thread that is not trying to troll whatever to them is the other side of the argument, go watch the full video. this thread is only full of out of context quotes and out of context clips

Bro you're on Any Forums
This exact quote has been posted over a billion times now and it's still gonna hit bump limit.

>go watch the full video
How about you go fuck yourself instead?

Oh this is some fucking e-celeb thread?

It's fact.
Clearing all DMC games can be done by just spamming stinger or SLAM DUNK if you're with Nero.
They only have depth if you want to do the optional S ranks.
Souls requires way more depth and game knowledge to just complete solo.

>one of the greatest essayists of his generation
>throws it all away to make a 2d retro indie platformer (in 2022)

i wish him luck but it's kind a waste of talent desu

>Combat can get shallow
Agreed.
>Because it doesn't have aerial combos and style meters.
Disagreed.

Neo-Any Forums is fucking retarded holy shit

>Calls DMC reddit but praises Dark Souls
The fucking irony. Go back

in souls games you can literally get other players to play the game for you

>Believing this unironically
I really really hope you are trolling

>This post is off-topic.

Summoning is the equivalent of "easy-auto" mode in DMC/Bayo.

Today I will remind them.

Attached: Fromsisters....png (922x236, 34.81K)

>Souls requires way more depth and game knowledge
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HOLY FUCKING SHIT
SOULS REDDITORS EVERYONE

Some just prefer games where enemies fight back, that's all.

Still can't believe that was one of his points.
I mean he is a dmc fan so he is aware of playing unlocked. Bad faith bullshit like this means he will never be as good as Joseph Anderson.

How can anyone stand this twat's essays with that monotone Irish accent? His videos are painfully boring

Attached: 1632378658626.jpg (516x516, 28.68K)

I don't get why you always start these threads with a misquote of his that sounds believable. It's some wierd slimely jew technique to discredit him. Or maybe just for replys.

>fromdrones so thoroughly btfo by the potatonigger they make up fake sentences to try and make him look bad
fromsisters...

>Fight back
>Dark souls
AAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

based brainbroken adhd zoomer

It's ironic that he hates DS2 because it had way more and better gimmick fights than Demon's Souls.

NiohChads, we won

I can sit through essays that are interesting easily, this guy is wholly unappealing down to his voice and presentation, I don't even disagree with him and think souls is garbage but I'd rather listen to a spic than him or some shit kek.

>le Souls games weren't about combat

Attached: Reddit thread.jpg (652x1268, 109.42K)

based doubling down on having the attention span of a goldfish zoomer