Yes I know, ZOOMER OOMER, but we must admit that Crash Bandicoot 1 is clunky as fuck

Yes I know, ZOOMER OOMER, but we must admit that Crash Bandicoot 1 is clunky as fuck.

Attached: clunky bandicoot.jpg (1427x1411, 424.56K)

it was absolutely clunky as fuck even at the time

It was one of the first widely available 3D platformers ever so it gets a pass

The gameplay isn't clunky at all, it's just very harsh trying to 100% it

what does clunky mean?
like, I /know/ what it means but what is meant?
imprecise controls?

Impregnating the clunky Nitro Squad.

like every element is a box interacting with other boxes, thats how I see it

Crash 1 is probably my favorite stagewise if we're talking the first 3 games.
But yeah it's a bit clunky. Weird stuff like how spinning changes your state into a weird pseudo donkey kong country roll, or how gems work with needing a perfect clear of EVERY stage.
Honestly it'd be interesting to see if someone tried putting Crash 2's snappier controls in Crash 1, and tidied up the camera for places you need to back track in.

Attached: 1633103298860.jpg (600x462, 32.01K)

Yeah it was.

yea even in ps1 standers this game was a downgrade

It's tricky but I thought it played very well for a platformer of that era.
2 and 3 feel much better though.

Yes, which is why if you want to play it, you do it on the NST.
>PILL
I will gratefully accept pill-shaped hitboxes if it means that Crash does not control like what everyone thinks of when they think "clunky early 3D platformer physics", that I have an actual save system, that I can retry bonus stages as many times as I please and that only the colored gems require zero deaths.

The newer ones are the ones that are clunky thanks to the console toll

>Pill
Honestly even with the tweaks to Crash with making only colored gems require you to perfectly clear stages, the fact that you literally slide off edge of EVERY platform (Which are also sloped now) makes it play so much worse.
Crash is better when he's a rectangular prism, and a 5 sided cylinder when spinning.

??? literally dpad to move and x to jump and there is no acceleration and he isnt slippery how is that clunky, if anything he is too static, but thats how the game is designed because the maps are about avoding pits and obstacles one by one, so what is your suggestion

>if anything he is too static
We're not talking about the N Sanity Trilogy

me neither if anything he isnt static at all in the nsane trilogy because that dumbfuck falls into the holes when he is near a ledge, which doesnt happen in crash bandicoot ps1 game

Only thing """clunky""" about it is how saving works.

And it's unironically better for it compared to the remake with more "accurate" models and hitboxes.

Am a 20 year old zoomer and already a blue collar wagie. Work from 4am-2pm, but have to wake up to drive there and get parking. Get home at 3 and fell for the fit meme so waste another hour and half working out. Waste another hour showering and eating. Have about one hour of free time then go to bed at 7 pm. I pretty much experience the average mans life do I just rope

Attached: BD28BF3C-8A54-4BC8-B645-969F378C7F8F.jpg (800x521, 70.23K)

>like every element is a box interacting with other boxes, thats how I see it
Oh, got it. So clunky means absolutely nothing.

Attached: 1629569130429.jpg (255x220, 6.99K)

I find mario 64 clunkier personally

ZOOMER OOMER post

user that is literally how almost every single hitbox in vidya works, boxes just make for very easy / not-cpu-intensive collision checks

It means certain parts of the game design don't work very well, that's the most broad and general definition of "clunky"

>we

Just do it for another 60 years.

I played it a month or two ago, I didn't think it was clunky at all. Crash controlled smoothly. Try playing Alundra 2 with only eight directional movement inputs and you'll think Crash 1 is smooth.