What's the best racing game right now?

Personally I tend to like racing games that are open world, have lots of cars available, and have lots of car customization options. The most recent one I've played is Need for Speed Heat.

Attached: 0001.jpg (1920x1080, 451.24K)

I guess Forza Horizon 4 or whichever they're on now

bump

Your taste is crap open world is cancer and you should consider driving your car off a cliff

>open world is cancer
Why? From my experience non-open world racing games are more boring.

You are wasting 50% of your time not racing just sight seeing.
Same whit the car selection economy meme.
You are either testing skills or wasting time.
Games can do something that real life can't.
Only in a game you can have identical car's they don't exist anywhere else.
So you can actually test who is the best driver in a 100% controlled environment.
So tracks+same exact car+online is perfect like CS knife fights.

Do you only play games to compete?

for racing around a track: Forza motorsport 4 on Xbox 360

For open world: Forza Horizon 5

Xchads just can't stop winning

I bet you think Battle Royale games are more fun than good FPS games, kek.

t. cuck who plays codemasters f1 games.

you should download Need for Speed Underground 2

dirt rally 2

>always online dogshit from EA

Racing against different cars is fun. It's a great feeling to beat some dude who has a car that's faster than yours on the straights, but you've got a better turning radius and you're better on the turns so you fuck him in the ass.

There's nothing intrinsically wrong with open world shit, the problem is just that all open world games are dogshit because they're arcade junk.

No but if it's open world it should have an option to just do the races why force me to drive around like an idiot?
Not everyone has endless time.
Tracks are way more diverse and interesting when they are a separate thing look at older need for speed games.
Also I don't want an economy or the guest what car you should use for this even that open world has.

I have played every racing game that has ever been released on any platform from the beginning of gaming (popular game not something 20 people have ever touched).

richard burns rally

4 is still better by virtue of having lego kino

>muh ea
it was published by codies before ea decided to buy em lmao

>You are wasting 50% of your time not racing just sight seeing.
I will admit that it can be kind of annoying to have to drive to every event, but overall I like being able to freely explore.

>Same whit the car selection economy meme.
wut

>So tracks+same exact car+online is perfect like CS knife fights.
Tracks are pretty boring most of the time compare to open streets

I don't really play either

I played that game a lot as a kid, first at a friend's house and then later on my own. I believe it was the first open world racing game I played, and it was leagues better than any other racing game I had played before. NFSU2 is one of the few games from my childhood that I can unironically say is good even when taking off nostalgia goggles.

>doesn't say anything about the first and more pressing issue
kek, cuck

>There's nothing intrinsically wrong with open world
There is location is 1 your stuck in 1 place track's cam be anywhere.
I could jump from the desert to Antarctica to the moon open world is one place.

>Tracks are pretty boring most of the time compare to open streets
Don't have to be official tracks you can have made up tracks and games did in the past.
Rally doesn't actually do real anything most of the time.

weird ESL reply. Are you some kind of chinese or Mexican? they get triggered that normies are into racing nowadays, especially F1 since its their autistic hobby

What, open world can't have fast travel now? You can't drive to the moon I guess, but you can fast travel there.

The problem with open world driving games is that they're boring to play because of poor physics.