Why haven't you played the best Monster Raising game of all time?

Why haven't you played the best Monster Raising game of all time?

Attached: 29058-monster-rancher-2-playstation-front-cover.jpg (800x700, 143.99K)

wtf I just downloaded this today, stop spying me

Answer the question.

I'll play it tonight obviously

I did. I rememeber using my Offspring, Blink 182 and Kid Rock CDs to unlock monsters.

For me, it's worms and undines

I still have it. That shit tore up the ribbon cable in my disc drive from reading so many CDs.

But I've already beat the PS1 version and DX version.

How is the remaster?

I did. I owned it during its release. My stepdad had a massive CD rack full of popular CD's. I loved this game so much because I had all those CD's to play with.

I was thinking about coding a bootleg Monster Rancher 2 like game just for fun after I'm finished my current game.

What would you say is the most important/charming part of Monster Rancher to you? What makes it better than other pet raising sims? I was sort of thinking of making it like a psuedo idle game so you can see your monster do things independently but I'd like to know what sort of things to focus on.

Attached: 1645642723921.webm (1280x720, 2.32M)

pretty sure, using cds, dvds, PC games and all those free internet discs i had alot of choices

had more fun finding monsters then playing the game.

its also a game that cant be replicated on current consoles due to design

Attached: 1362292507106.png (1366x768, 728.72K)

It's my preferred way to play the game because it adds some neat features like being able to get the errantry monsters and fixing the things that lock you out of monsters like Mock.

The most important part is the battles. 80% of the game is spent training and grinding, and there's no point in that if the thing you're grinding for isn't worth it.

In game discs you find and earn would need to be the new mechanic. Oh shit you could even be scummy and put discs behind microtransactions.

Breed autism, IE, I unlocking monsters was probably the most exciting thing in the game, tied with combat. I mean, a lot of the breed unlocking shit sounds like what a kid during lunch spouted off "Uhhh, if your monster dies....build a shrine, and after a few years, a ghost will give you his mallet, and you can make ghost monsters now."

My favorite thing is combining monsters and the main breed has the traits and looks of the sub-breed.

Weak bait

Name a better one. You can't. MR2 is the king to this day.

I will when it gets a physical release

I already did, it was the game immediately after this one