Was Doomguy "lore" a mistake?

Was Doomguy "lore" a mistake?

Attached: Eastvwest_65d6d0_5806272.jpg (780x787, 348.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Pw63IVgYLDc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DOOM Eternal is the best game ever made

Attached: 1653248810638.webm (1065x599, 2.87M)

>globohomo shaders on everything

I have no clue what you're talking about schizo freak

>cutscenes every 5 seconds
>super mario parts
fuck off shill

You know what the best part about lore is? You can choose to ignore it.
Doom Eternal is still a great game, and worthy of the Doom title.

When will Any Forumsermin learn?

Attached: 1652302659853.png (703x1025, 1.58M)

>Schizo schizo schizo!
Defense mechanism.

It really is a 'fedoracore' game. Doom 2016 wasn't even that bad.

leadership? I don't remember seeing anyone in Doom1,2 that Doomguy bossed around

Doom Eternal is incredibly fun. I don't care about lore in a dumb shooter because I'm not a faggot or a nerd or god forbid a faggot nerd.

Yes.
Doomguy was cooler when he was just the Guy in Doom.
BJ Blazkowicz had to escape a Nazi castle. Mario had to rescue a princess. Doomguy was surviving a demonic invasion of Mars and doing his best to resolve a shitty situation. Then he returned to Earth and had to do the same thing again. Then do it a third fucking time.

Now he's the Doom Slayer, and he's the most BADASS CHARACTER EVER HURR RIP N TEAR AMPLIFIED BY DIVINE POWER. It's overselling and compromises what made the character so appealing in the first place.

Attached: doomguy64.jpg (2048x1539, 78.18K)

I think the story is a weird ass direction and completely unnecessary but damn is it a fun game once you get good at it.
It's just not a classic shooter in the slightest and people should never have pretended that it is.

thought it was cool they made the "Slayer" the original Doomguy
thought it was gay they tried to give him cosmic predestined significance

Nu Doom is for faggots and Mick Gordon’s music is absolute Reddit tier shit.

This is even funnier when you consider that Doomguy was supposed to be an avatar for the player and nothing more. He had little to no personality in the first games beyond facial expressions and most of the text screens weren't praising Doomguy, they were praising YOU. FPS characters started to get a voice with characters like Duke Nukem and Caleb, who both had tons of personality and the story was focused around their characters and achievements. The only reason nu-doom has lore is to appease doom youtubers, those faggots on Any Forums powerwanking Doomguy ironically and babies who cried when Doomguy got his ass handed to him by Master Chief in a shitty death battle animation.

Attached: Ophelia.jpg (800x1237, 711.46K)

>globohomo shaders
lol

>he doesn't know about globohomo shaders
>probably doesn't know about sjw screen filters either
>or transbian hud elements
lol. lmao.

Don't use the Japanese as a strawman for how much you hate something you fucking retard. Get an ounce of creativity.

Nu-Doom did suck dick though. Though I was, admittedly, never a big fan of the series. Is Eternal a lot better? I really didn't like the stop and go pacing of 2016.

Attached: qrd.jpg (1024x768, 268.45K)

so they made doom guy elric?

Wasn't the whole point of the part in Doom 2016 where Doomguy interrupts a boring audio log by throwing it into a wall that they weren't going to do this stuff?

How true is that this is Devil may Cry but FPS?

Play ULTRAKILL

youtu.be/Pw63IVgYLDc

doomguy = good
xXx_DOOMSL4YER-[Sephiroth666]_xXx = bad

Yes.

If you want DMC but an FPS just play Ultrakill. It even has a Style ranking

DOOM Eternal ripoff, lmao

it's like DMC except you have to play it as full DMC5 dante GUNTRICKGUNSWORDTRICKGUN and you can't just spam stinger

Why couldn't Samuel Hayden just stay as an ambitious guy who scanned his brain into a robot

Capeshit syndrome

>huge fan of DMC
>pretty big fan of Quake
>friend bought me this cuz he knows i like both
>never actually looked at it until now
Holy fuck anons, this game actually looks fun. The Style meter is actually pretty charming too. Thank you.

Carmack says yes without question.
Romero probably would, too, just because the "lore" is pretty lame. Really, DOOMguy is an immortal superhero now?

No style but kind of, it's more like MGR or God of War as an FPS.
Treating every weapon as a different attack in an action game is how it's meant to be played, so juggling weapons to do combos for big damage is essential.

They let him get away with it.

what is wrong with it exactly?

Sadly it's not finished yet (early access) but it is still worth the ride.