MMO

What do you want to know about games; stimulation is rewarding. So, what's the consensus on what to play; what is strategy; multiplayer; gathering, crafting, and trading; economic velocity.

Attached: 1653569366904.png (739x402, 22.27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ark-servers.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I know it's gonna be shit, but I'll take the bait and ask anyways. What's the source of that image?

SauceNAO and Google return nill.

Attached: 1653570602735.jpg (3059x3945, 500.75K)

_ ____ __ ____ ____ _________

monster mind (kino flash game)

MMOs are the lowest form of videogames

Hmm?

I fucking hate Any Forumstards
They don't know anything about the internet being what people spoon-feed them

Hey, low standards posts; quality is this way.

Content has been listed as the most correlative of subscription count. Sandbox gameplay is defined by replacing items (Amount of Money * Velocity Spent = Price of Items * Quantity Available). So, sandbox design is the only relevant option.

Ultimately, it's about gathering, crafting, and trading and item loss PvP. The how-to velocity of trading is that either one-way or resource intensive equipment durability, and maybe eventual item drops, are even what produce worthwhile variability in power. It's OK having god loot when how lasting it is comes from evasion / skillfulness.

This would be easy to edit into an existing MMO or make into a new one. WoW has an abundance of resources from the various xpacks, for example; it's as simple as assigning repair requirements to loot quality... A few developers could produce a few characters, items, zones, and activities per day and have a functional MMO in a month; networking is simply character location, direction, and action. Any Forums's best option is making a sandbox MMO.

A lot can be mentioned about strategic design. It's basically shooter layout for zones: keep characters safe near the edges; punish traversal to the middle (perhaps reward it). Areas should have choke points allowing control of accessibility to resources. What previously were classes should be replaced with skill points so that everybody has the chance to win. A lot is pivotal about current MMO design.

The genre is the most important because simultaneous characters correlates to skillfulness, options, and socialization. Thousands of individual effects on the world is a lot of content. A quality iteration is visuals (especially performance; New World's logging and other trade skills has the character and world densely interactive), sound, strategy, and economy.

Attached: 1653500580016.gif (460x460, 1.96M)

Sandbox MMOs were obsoleted by survival crafting games.

That doesn't make anywhere near sense. Survival Crafting games can be MMOs.

Attached: OWPS 2.png (1024x1024, 910.4K)

Holy shit, I didn't even notice this was a Nutriments Nigger thread. Since when does he use Monster Mind images?

You can only think that if you don't understand what a survival crafting game is. They're not MMOs, never have been, never will be, and turning them into MMOs would make them strictly worse, introducing all the bad-actor problems that killed Sandbox MMOs.

Rust isn't an MMO -- a top played game on Steam -- but another, ARK, has cross servers putting the character amongst that of thousands.

I want to help Abra with her depression

>ark-servers.net/
MMOs don't have server lists. Ark is not an MMO. Player count is irrelevant.

Stop doxxing.

MMOs don't usually have server lists because there are ~1,000 players, but that's not objective.

I want to fuck the thing

When does a multiplayer game turn into a MMO then? Games like Fortnite, Minecraft or League of Legends are listed as MMOs.

>Fortnite
No.

>Minecraft
I don't think so, but I don't know how prevalent cross-servers are. There's not a server browser.

>League of Legends
No.

Attached: 1653525901614.png (1920x960, 741.76K)

Smeargle is the cutest one. I can't make him cum without cheats though

MMOs don't have server lists because MMOs have never had server lists. The only objective way to define game genres is historically. Since Ark is born from the survival crafting boom it's a survival crafting game. But genre definition arguments are for red herrings for self-felating smoothbrains. Fact is, everyone hates Sandbox MMOs because Sandbox MMOs are unilaterally unrefined in their systems, making no effort whatsoever to provide a good gameplay experience. They suffer, existentially, from massive overpopulation, which games with controlled multiplayer do not. Wilderness PvE in RuneScape, for instance, only functions when the wilderness has precisely the correct population density. Too high, and it's a PvE becomes entirely pointless backwards progression, too low, and the only appeal (risk) gets trivialized. Not only do Sandbox MMOs always suffer from overpopulation, they also suffer from an over-use of "high risk" which inevitably results in player distaste and mass exodus, along with casualization of risk resulting in the standard of zero-risk expense bankrolling.
It doesn't. Genre definitions are not qualitative, they're etymological.