SMW is the best video game ever made

SMW is the best video game ever made

Attached: 90004[1].gif (256x223, 1021.2K)

Robotnik os gonna fucking sue some motherfuckers

certainly holds up well in the gameplay/art department. bit easier than i remember it being, though.

kek

vanilla smw is boring as fuck. smw romhacks are where it's at

Both are good

Kek, is this on SMWC?

It's a nice game, butbSMW is worse than SMB3 in almost every way despite being on superior hardware.
>worse worlds, other than the forest they all feel the same while 3 has distinct and memorable worlds like the ice, desert, and sky
>worse map, largely a glorified level select
>worse level design
>fewer and worse powerups. The cape is overpowered, conceptually inferior and less interesting than the leaf being just Mario with a cape, and is annoying because slowed falling activates while you've already pressed jump and are holding it down instead of happening when you press it. This means slowed falling happens when you don't want and there's less thought using it. You also at times don't want to sprint at full speed with the cape because jumping will make you fly, a state that works very differently from how Mario normally moves and when you don't want flying to happen it can fuck you over. The racoon suit when the P meter is full is better to control and has never cost me a life like the cape being retarded has. Yoshi is okay, but having the frog, hammer, and shoe is better.
>worse controls. Mario feels too floaty and almost slippery. It doesn't feel meant for precise platforming. Can also see with the meter when you'll sprint in 3.
>slower pace, unlike 1 and 3 moving fast is heavily discouraged. More waiting too.
>it's like they took 4-2 in smb3, the level with the exclamation mark and arrow platforms that move you, and applied that garbage to much of World. There's a fuckton of platforms you wait on that move Mario for you.
>the 2nd level of Valley of Bowser is worse than any in 3, it drags on too long, and most importantly has those crushing things that come down and up you have to try not to fall asleep as you wait, unfortunately they're prevalent through quite a few levels in the game.
>worse aesthetic, worse Mario sprite too
Only thing World does better are the boss fights and secrets, but World has a worse final boss.

tl;dr

It's a copypasta from /vr/, pay no attention to this SMB3fag

I have absolutely zero nostalgic attachment to this, played it about a month ago and found the physics to be really shit,
Mario is floaty and slippery, feels unresponsive, the entire game just feels completely off
Yoshi's Island in comparison has a perfect sense of weight and speed

Agree with everything, except
>Worse aesthetic
>World has a worse final boss

When is the SMB3 Any Forums hack?

Vanilla SMB3 is better
Hacked SMW is better

Is also one of the only 2 good Mario games out there.

Kek Mario needs some LGBTQ+ blocks for something Sonic can do on his own.

No it's not, and I suspect you know it's not.

Super Mario Bros 3 is better

for me it comes down to:
>3 is one of the best games of the 3rd gen
>smw is good but outclassed by a lot of the later 4th gen games
I do think a proper smw2 could have outdone mario 3, but smw2:yi is the best mario game regardless.

SMW is good, but I hate how many of the secrets are designed around skipping over platforming via using cape flight, and how you have to actively gimp yourself to enjoy more of the gameplay.

Some of that was in SMB3 with the raccoon tail, but not nearly as bad. Honestly think I like Yoshi's Island the most for how you can't outright cheat it, and the egg throwing's aiming/ricochet was a nice mechanic on top of the platforming.

I agree, despite having been a massive SMW baby when I was younger. There's a reason SMB3 is the template later Mario games build off of.
Also YI is better than both games.

You make some valid points. I still think a true spiritual successor that has both 3 and World elements would be the best Mario game of all time.