Elden Ring Lore Thread

>Once upon a time, the stars of the night sky guided fate
>"I thank you for your tutelage, for now I can challenge the stars."
>During the age of the Erdtree, Carian astrology withered on the vine. The fate once writ in the night skies had been fettered by the Golden Order.
>But alas, the night sky no longer cradles fate.
Why did he do it bros?

Attached: atar3ofdw2i71.jpg (1200x800, 51.99K)

Miyahacki forgot to write him.

Caria was always fated to overcome the Golden Order.
Radagon couldn't beat Rennala
Ranni was always going to take over from Marika
Sellen was always going to turn into a meatball

Radahn did his best to keep the peace. Going to war with the stars was the only offensive thing he ever did.
Otherwise he just held the line.
Against degradation.
Against rotting flowery aggressors.
Against the lands very corruption.
If some angry autistic bitch hadn't declared war against him for no reason, for no discernible purpose, he'd still be defending us today

Attached: 1652293842194.jpg (2047x1098, 367.04K)

>If some angry autistic bitch hadn't declared war against him for no reason, for no discernible purpose, he'd still be defending us today

>Conqueror of the stars
>Conquer of (((FATE)))
He's gold-tinted ganondorf, user.

Attached: 6hltmx.jpg (500x536, 92.23K)

>no bloody finger covenant for doing varre quest
>no volcano manor covenant
>no leyndell dragon cult covenant for invading capitol
>no death servant covenant for invading deeproot depths
>no Haligtree covenant for invading Elphael
>no dragon communion PVE covenant with dragon form rewards
>no Frenzy Flame covenant
I dunno how much longer I can handle it anons.

Attached: madness.jpg (714x531, 114.52K)

just enjoy your rotting waifu by yourself and keep your shit away from actual lore connoisseurs.

>shounenfags
>lore connoisseurs

Attached: uhdb97jhehg61.jpg (758x644, 37.75K)

>haha, someone insulted Malenia
>time to drive this thread into shitposting country
Malenia, not even once.

Attached: 1650139253190.jpg (1125x633, 160.11K)

He is a tree lover, trying to compete with Morgot to take over the throne. Literally begging to be killed.

Attached: 1653527572537.jpg (5120x4096, 1.63M)

>Radahn
>HUGE
>dual wielder
>proficient in tokyo drift martial arts
>can also manipulate gravity
>learned spinning attacks from meta knight

>Malenia
>HUGE
>one hander
>proficient in fucking your shit up
>is also a vessel for an ancient god
>learned judgement cut from Isshin
I ship it.

Attached: Radahn Malenia.png (800x800, 506.29K)

Carians were a mistake.
Radagon should have worn a condom

>man challenged fate itself and won
>this is bad somehow

> The Starscourge Conflict
> Radahn alone holds Sellia secure
> And stands tall, to shatter the stars

> Eternal Darkness
> Forbidden sorcery of Sellia, Town of Sorcery.
> Originally a lost sorcery of the Eternal City; the despair that brought about its ruin made manifest.

Seeing how the two Eternal Cities are all fucked up with those messenger-like husk things all over the place and not much else going on out there, something went really wrong

I'd say the stars are somehow involved and Radahn hoped stopping the stars would prevent Selians, who delve into the same sorcery fuckery, from succumbing to the same fate the Nox seemingly did

> Remembrance of the Naturalborn
> A malformed star born in the lightless void far away. Once destroyed an Eternal City and took away their sky. An falling star of ill omen.

> Staff missing its glintstone. Wielded by sorcerers who believe that discovery comes through acts of asceticism.
> This staff is only capable of casting invisibility sorceries, but that is reason enough for some to wield it.

Selian Magic, Night Sorceries, called invisibility sorceries here, can be cast without glintstone. I'd assume it means instead of using the vitality of the stars, the amber of the cosmos as Sellen calls it, Night Sorceries take their power from the cosmic void, aesthetically that's what Night Sorceries look like. The cosmic void Astel, who destroyed an Eternal City, originates from.

He had to dick Rennala because the Golden Order couldn't beat the Carians.

It's more like he challenged ((other)) people's fates.
Amber Starlight
>An ephemeral sliver that gives off a pale amber glow. What remains of a passing flash of starlight.
>If the stars command our fates, then amber-hued stars must command the fates of the gods.

While I'm here, on the topic of Eternal Cities, I'm pretty sure they were build underground. It's said that Astel destroyed an eternal city and took away their sky, incidentally the unnamed eternal city is the only one without fake starry sky. Why is it important you may ask?

> This talisman represents the lost black moon. The moon of Nokstella was the guide of countless stars.
> Said to be a fragment of the black moon that once hung above the Eternal City.

It's said to hung over Nokstella, which as we established, is and always was underground. In other words the Black Moon probably wasn't huge and hang around inside the giant cave complex Nokstella is situated inside.
It however said to be "the guide of countless stars", which is kind of nonsensical considering it probably wasn't hanging around in the true sky if what I'm saying here is to be believed.

Now, this may be a bit of a stretch, but all of the above could potentially mean that the Nox, beyond all other weird, almost science-like stuff they did, tried to modify their fates through influencing the stars using this artificial Black Moon of theirs.

Attached: moonofnokstella.png (685x695, 567.52K)

Even then, he couldn't beat Mogot who was graceless lmao.

Not like this matters anymore but Radahn used to be tied to the god of vengeance, which tied into his burning rune.
Ranni and Miquella basically aimed to destroy the current order and usher in a new one, and he wanted to basically prevent them from doing so, Malenia basically ruined any chance of him reinstating the GO so his holding of the stars can almost be interpreted as an act of understable spite to everyone.

>Finally assigned a sensible personality to him that isn't s*y-laced dindu nuffin horserino man
feels good

Attached: u2tpt5e968u81.jpg (1789x1034, 376.5K)

They did use starlight shards to make an intoxicating draught, controlling people's fate. The Moon was also managing the stars. You can also see the moon symbol on the Celestial Dew.

Starlight shards
>A prized item that was once used in the Eternal City as an ingredient in intoxicating draughts

Celestial Dew
>Once upon a time, the stars of the night sky guided fate, and this is a recollection of those times
Celestial Dew is just a fancy name for the starlight draught that basically "wipe-clean/reset" people's memory/fate so they won't oppose you, similar to Radagon. He allowed the stars faction fate control power to enable him a temporary separation from GO. Later he got recalled by Marika/GO. Or it could have been a ruse by GO to allow Radagon to be immersed in the celestial dew.

>[330011030] Radagon once cleansed himself with celestial dew,
[330011040] repented his territorial aggressions, and swore his love to Rennala.

Attached: MENU_Knowledge_00624.png (1024x1024, 615.45K)

What's up with those red lights in the Forbidden Lands ?
They're here before the Erdtree is burned mind you, so they're their separate thing

Attached: Forbidden-Lands.jpg (1920x1080, 572.57K)

Flame of Giant power?

Attached: MENU_Knowledge_03002.png (1024x1024, 1.11M)