The origin of Snoy cinematic experience "games"

You only like it because it's Japanese.

Attached: 160972-ico-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg (800x1090, 156.9K)

Speaking honestly, it's really not that good. inb4 "muh contrarianism"

"cinematic experiences" started with western pc "games" before playstation even existed.

Attached: cinematic storytelling.png (1198x1594, 1.56M)

You only dislike it because it's Japanese. If it were a western indie, your dick would be all over it.

why are the burger covers of most games soulless?

Attached: 9025-ico-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg (706x1000, 107.67K)

actually the origin goes back much further. FFV and MGS are responsible that for, and I type that as a snoy myself. not falseflagging either. I despise xdrones and tendies.

Played it like ten years ago, I liked it. Could probably replay it now when I've forgotten everything about it

in ico's case, ueda's painting literally wasn't ready yet for the north american release and they had to cobble something together at the last minute.

Yes, I unironically only like it because it is Japanese.

Attached: monocled gigachad.jpg (624x624, 43.78K)

he painted that cover?

>MGSfag deflects blame onto a GOOD game
embarrassing

Attached: 1653326585112.gif (520x293, 2.8M)

He painted the OP artwork.

yes. he graduated from art school and was a visual artist for a little while before going into the game industry.

what a legend, I had no idea

If your video "game" has a story, then it has too much story. Games should strive to be as minimalistic as possible, lest we invite the resetards and twitter users who just want glorified movies. Go on and list how your favorite RPG justifies having 50 hours of cutscenes, I'll still tell you that it has too much story. A game with 500 billion hours of gameplay and 1 attosecond of cutscenes STILL has too much story.

Attached: robochad.jpg (939x1280, 100.91K)

go dilate elsewhere, acfag. troonaria is one of the worst "games" ever made.

Attached: 1579455537746.jpg (720x496, 39.86K)

it's one of the greatest games ever. Engrossing setting, timeless art style, endearing characters, tight controls, absorbing atmosphere, memorable areas, clever puzzles, incredible camera angles, doesn't overstay its welcome, polished programming, delightful soundtrack and sound design, 10/10 third act and ending, etc

reminder that almost all the shadow encounters can be skipped (they will appear but you can avoid fighting) It's all a matter of skill. First time players won't know this, so that's where the replayability comes from (it's a fun game to speedrun)

I played this on PS3 and it's pure gameplay.
you faggot should play the game instead of shitposting

It's great actually. The epic cinematic movie game sony exclusives were just made by people who played it once and completely misunderstood what made it work

i love ico, probably my favourite game of all time. there is no game comfyier than ico

Attached: 1647069104788.png (1920x1080, 1.34M)

so far, i prefer it to SotC at the moment desu. where does this game pick up steam? it's all been hunting colossi and there's like 9 left.

>where does this game pick up steam? it's all been hunting colossi and there's like 9 left.
i love ico more than sotc but if the game hasn't clicked with you yet, then its not for you

these people knew what they were doing. Early 2002 photo after finishing the superior PAL version

Attached: Slider_Team_Ico_About~2.jpg (1761x1249, 467.11K)