Red Dead Redemption 2

I think I'm gonna give this game another try in 2023, its 5th anniversary.
I didn't enjoy it when I first played it upon release, for myriad reasons, but I think it might have aged a bit better.

Attached: RDR2.jpg (284x350, 25.5K)

I gave it like 4 tries, its fucking boring man. no matter how good the story or characters are, its just a horse riding simulator where you shoot some people every once in a while, it gets boring so damn quick

I'm playing it again now and having a lot of fun travelling around, hunting, doing side missions, stuff like that. It's quite comfy. When I played before I ended up rushing the story a lot more whereas now I'm taking big breaks between missions and enjoying it more.

I love it how they just gave up with the online because they couldn't milk their fanboys with flying cars like they did with GTA

You may or may not like it op. I think these two are both valid opinions of the game, just depends on what you want out of it

>5th anniversary

Attached: wojakwtf.png (509x619, 7.78K)

gave it one try and i couldn't get past the prologue, such a boring fucking game

just watch a good old cowboy movie instead of playing this shit

Yeah I loved the general freeroam gameplay, particularly hunting in the mountains. The problems for me were the story, and the hyperrepetitive, hyperlinear, railroad nature of the main missions.
It was like 90 hours of monotonous bullshit that I didn't want to experience but felt compelled to in order to unlock gameplay features or parts of the map that were gated behind story progression.

>where you shoot some people every once in a while,
i dont understand this critique since every story mission has you shooting someone and r* loves to throw hordes of retards at you.

simp

i loved robbing people, stores, carriages and trains. also loved beating up whatever retard pissed me off at towns.
shooting up rival gangs never got old also.
though by the end you have so much money and there's nothing to buy cause the game loves to throw free stuff at you.
the story was cool doing gang stuff till chapter 5 where everything goes to shit and arthur gets that permanent flu that just fuck ups your gameplay.
playing in the epilogue feels very lonely and its not the same.

>repack keeps crashing in the first mission
>don't care enough to do the fix

I grew up and the tedious shit is slower than ever before. There's nothing I can think of in RDR1 as fucking mindnumbing as the opening of RDR2.

RDR1 was ridiculously better than RDR2.

i liked the prologue the first time i played it cause it was a nice introduction to everything, but the second time i plated it i got real annoyed at the handholding very fast.

>t. nigga infected brain

>RDR2 is nearly 4 years old

It's nearly 5 years old, Christus Jesus...

2022-2018=4 retard.

Yeah but in 2023 it'll be 5 years old.

>5 years
fuuuuuuqq

Attached: 1649277201773.jpg (550x366, 60.22K)

i want to die

i just reinstalled this game yesterday. why the fuck can't you cock your gun behind cover? you have to aim so the gun cocks back to shoot but for some reason there's no button to press that lets you do it without exposing yourself and wasting time out of cover

should I 100% this game? does it include online challenges because I'm not doing that shit

Attached: 1231.png (446x393, 365.81K)

It'll take fucking ages

>should I 100% this game?
Why would you even want to do this

no you should kys by monkeypox

I've completed the game like 3 times and it's only some retarded challanges/achievements left. also because I really like this game

Attached: 20220307003319_1.jpg (1920x1080, 155.18K)

I've only played RDO, pretty chill just riding around being a cowboy but not really something I'd want to play all the time. And the controls are just bizarre when you're talking to someone

shush yang, hows the zero covid policy going

Attached: 1243576890.jpg (842x836, 114.55K)

I have played many hours of this game and I still can't work out how the horse controls work