What exactly is the appeal of this game?

What exactly is the appeal of this game?
>Boring, floaty combat, skull cracker/dark execution into fatal blow instantly kills 90% percent of the enemies, while everything else does pitiful damage in comparison. Hammering the dark blast button will shred virtually every boss.
>Everything about the story feels undercooked, both the plot and characters are melodramatic and uninteresting, and every attempt at an emotional payoff feels unearned.
>Braindead puzzle and dungeon design. A toddler could solve these.
>Tons of empty filler sidequests.
Am I missing something here? Do I have get all the endings before it gets good? Is automata better?

Attached: nier_replicantHD-scaled.jpg (2560x1440, 423.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/sunhilegend/status/1387867646314561539?lang=en
twitter.com/sunhilegend/status/1424858667342606340
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Eastern games are so bad that a mildly decent one has weebs shitting their palls.

>What exactly is the appeal of this game?
Characters and music

I played Automata due to the hype and found it meh so I never bothered with the Replicant remake or any other Nier game.

its a tranny game for the tranny crowd like persona and ff15

>characters and music
so literally 3d undertale gotcha

Pretty much this. It's one of the only Nip games that doesn't force you into a separate encounter when you come into contact with an overworld enemy before forcing you to slap it around for two and a half minutes before it finally dies so you can get three grains of sand for your crafting recipe.

this game came out when toby fox was shitting his pants

>good and memorable music
>good and memorable characters
>story was very bizarre for its time and miles above 99% of video game stories
>replay value
>solid combat
that's all you really need to make a good game
automata was better

>What exactly is the appeal of this game?
I don't care about mainstream reception desu. Preodered the game, rollercoastered all endings in 3 days and had time of my life. I don't give a fuck what others think I had blast with it no other title was able to provide.

Attached: 1653073734787.jpg (239x258, 19.9K)

>>replay value
delete this part and I'll agree with you. Being forced to replay the game isn't value it's a curse.

Attached: NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 2021-04-28 22-02-38.jpg (1920x1080, 589.11K)

combat is fluid and fun with plenty of options
twitter.com/sunhilegend/status/1387867646314561539?lang=en
twitter.com/sunhilegend/status/1424858667342606340
also the whole magic and 3d bullet-hell mechanics are pretty unique, there really aren't other games out there with combat like Nier's

if your issue is that you found something broken and using it "ruins" the combat for you, then stop being a retard and stop relying on it. Most action games (and most rpgs especially) have ways to cheese them, that doesn't mean you have to spam those things, you are just ruining your own fun.

>Everything about the story feels undercooked
how much of the story did you finish?
The game throws you very suddenly into everything and most explanations only come later (not just in the end of the game but also in the next playthroughs that alter things), but that's also part of the fun. You will get plenty of explainations why some characters are the way they are, and why the world the way it is.

I would suggest to at least finish the first and second playthrough (the second is just a half playthrough and alters a lot of things). You can totally ignore the sidequests if you are not interested in their storeis as they are only really required for the final endings.

>Is automata better?
it's very much the same

Attached: a1621927036485.jpg (1920x1080, 483.87K)

weebs think "no john you are the demons" is brilliant writing

It's one of the best games of gen7. Sorry to hear that you're some faggot late to the party.

Certainly better than Great Gatsby, How to kill a Mockinbird or whatever else mutts consider to be literature.

Nooo you don't get it its heckin philosophical and deep you just have to play a shitty hack and slash
game 3 times over to understand!

yes

that doesn't describe Nier's story in any way
I think you fell for some memes user

Shades being the true humans and Replicants killing them, on top of the Shadowlord twist is pretty much the "you are the demons" twist.

there's no good or bad you brainlet

that's incorrect, and regardless there was no message or implication of you being evil for what you did, that's just not what the game was about