System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition

“We’d also like to announce that anyone who pre-orders System Shock remake will receive System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition for free and ALL Kickstarter/Backerkit backers who backed at the $30 level or higher will also be receiving SS2:EE for free. It’s our intention to release both System Shock remake and SS2:EE around the same time. SS2:EE has evolved into more than what we were intending. This will be a complete source port to our KEX engine. All the character and weapons models are being remade, and we’ve received permission from the Shock community to include many of the mods that have become standard for many Shock 2 veterans. “

These include:

Vurt's Space Textures, Flora, Hi-res Water, Organics/Goo
ACC's Four Hundred (400) Hi-res Terrain Textures
Eldron's Psi Amp
Olfred's Fixed Objects
Grosnus' Hi-Res Spinning Marine/Navy/OSA logos
SCP
SHTUP
ZylonBane's New Quest Notifier
Vaxquis Vintage Song Remake v1.0 Mod
Mercurius' Tacticool Weapon Replacements

“Here is a quick look at the before and after of the protocol droid. We’ve added more detail to both the poly model and the texture while retaining as much of the original as possible.”

Additionally, SS2:EE is allegedly being ported to consoles by the EE devs Nightdive.

Are you excited Any Forumsros?

Attached: 759FC353-9D08-4CAD-B23E-086AD307BA00.png (1792x828, 3.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

thefpsreview.com/2021/12/16/new-system-shock-screenshots-released/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is the gaem being released or...

I have some curiosity, the retextured models I've seen look quite good, although a bit washed up in colour.
I have no emotion towards the SS1 remake, I've seen just 1 screenshot and never played the original. Maybe I will this summer, to get on track.

Isn’t Nightdive owned by Tencent now?

Soulless vs soul

No. They sold the rights to SS3 to Tencent, nothing more.

thefpsreview.com/2021/12/16/new-system-shock-screenshots-released/

Here are some of the most recent screenshots of the remake. They look really good. It comes out supposedly on the same day or a bit earlier than SS2:EE, so might as well play that.

Seething vs cope

Attached: 3694D5C6-0BBC-42FA-B186-6E79B6E2DDC1.gif (480x634, 2.1M)

As long as they retain SS2: classic, whatever.
With the patched engine SS2 really didn't need it aside from the broken co-op mode that the devs explicitly said the game was never designed for; it was tacked on by a publisher mandate.

Including third party mods in this context is usually a bad idea because updated textures and models made in different styles from different authors clash against the low poly geo and other untouched assets. Some high-poly third party models have been regarded as terrible.

At the very least it's a good idea to retain the native classic and ALL of the game's classic content in a mod or option.

seems like they sold it OtherSide because muh Looking Glass employees, who then jewed them over by selling them onto the Chinese

came out looking a lot more retro in a toylike, video game sort of style. Drastic but I guess it looks good on its own.
But graphics aren't everything.

Do the tiles in cyberspace still play Conway's Game Of Life?

>another forced update that will override the original game files
thanks kikes

Attached: 267e45687e003d277130570f2808d371f65078a4_full.jpg (184x184, 9.72K)

What happened to the VR support? That looked awesome.

>another retard who doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about

Attached: Untitled.png (266x163, 13.8K)

Should I play Deus Ex or System Shock 2?
I was planning on flipping a coin to decide.

Flip the coin.

people didn't pay for a fucking SS2 Remaster, they paid for SS Remake. When the fuck is it coming out? it's 2077 again isn't it

Attached: 1653568047405.png (444x473, 267.49K)

Nightdive is making their own models for it

Deus Ex is pretty easy and the build you use is almost irrelevant
System Shock 2 has a load of systems and the gayest one is weapons breaking

A bit too colourful and neon-y for my tastes as well, but well.

it's not out yet

>Deus Ex
7 hour game that's fun for 6 hours
>System Shock 2
>5 hour game that's fun for 4 hours

From those mods they name the models and textures are all very faithful. Except small creative liberties in a couple computer screens from SHTUP. Rebirth is the least faithful of the "recommended" mods and I dont see it. SCP's rebalance is an arguably bigger issue if youre a purist

System Shock 1 utterly demolishes the meme that is SS2.

And you're too stupid to understand the context of the picture. SS2 and SS2:EE will be two separate entities, like SS1 and SS1:EE