What did Capcom do right with Nero...

What did Capcom do right with Nero? He was universally hated in DMC 4 and they wholly salvaged his character and elevated it some more in 5. Not everyone, but a lot of people are actually receptive of the prospect of him becoming the series' main protagonist, since it seems like Dante's and Vergil's stories are pretty much done.

Attached: 3511703-nero.png (1214x933, 1.21M)

they made him attractive to gay guys

How would you know, mr. anonymous?

They made him fun______.

Besides, DMC 4 felt like a half baked tech demo, really not hard to make a good game with the foundations they had there

I know because I prefer dmc4 nero

Attached: 1555222847644.png (1280x1019, 996.43K)

>twink vs chad

But you posted the actual-gay-bait-twink Nero.

no, DMC4 Nero is for girls

>He was universally hated in DMC 4
No he wasnt

I like how he's not emotionally-stunted and autistic like the sons of Sparda are. Maybe its because he grew up without crippling trauma? Or he fucks regularly? All he needs is a Sin DT and he's the strongest character.
LADY AND TRISH CO-OP GAME WHEN

>receptive of the prospect of him becoming the series' main protagonist
fuck that
i just want a DMC game where you play as dante doing deamon hunter missions

is that too hard to do?

talking about that how in the fuck is dante bankrupt at the start of DMC?
why isnt nero paying royalties to dante for opening a mobile Devil may cry branch?
Dante owns the rights for Devil may Cry. nero is infriging upon his copy right if he opened a branch of the store whiotout paying roalties to dante

i want a Ace atorney game about dante suing nero for copyright infridgment

I never hated him. I knew he was the upstart, the rookie, and he really grew into his own over the course of both games.

It's been so good that I'm ready for him to take the torch for a while in place of Dante. He's ready to handle it.

He grew up. He's no longer a whiny, bratty kid. He still has that amusing rage tard attitude, but it's balanced out by him becoming a family man and wishing only the best for everyone around.

They gave him more mobility options and 8 arms that put a spin on Dante skills. Like punchline having real impact, free ride and roundtrip all in 1 button

>he doesn't know
Dante got a friend killed so he sends all his money to the guy's daughters, including selling off all his Devil Arms

>They made him fun
I guess he's a bit more chill and...................... funsy (I'm fucking awful with words) in DMC 5? But it's not like he was a total downer in 4 either, so I'm not sure if that's all it is. I guess 4!Nero being attached to an awful game also drew on him all the collective hate that the game itself received, so it's a double-whammy of unfortunate circumstances. DMC 5 being an amazing game with Nero sharing spotlight with Dante and Vergil must have also helped his image a lot, but we're talking about a guy that the whole fucking fandom hated, and their opinion turned on a dime even before 5 was properly released. I guess the fact that more than a decade had passed between 4 and 5 might have softened people's attitude towards him, so he kind of got a fresh start to garner some good faith again.

>Dante
>The guy who's still supporting his deceased buddies daughters even with all his money issues
>suing his nephew who he gave his fucking sign and encouraged to start up the demon hunting business
nah

All I see are female streamers gushing over him

I feel like a father to Nero, having watched him develop into his own so much.

He's my son.

Idk, i always liked him. When i first played 4 i thought his arm was cool and he played nothing like Dante, for better or for worse. Red Queen is a fun weapon to use and developing the muscle memory to exceed as often as possible was neat. The only issue i had with him at the start was the "you gotta hold one of the buttons down 24/7" but i got used to it and now in DMCV i also often have to hold down 2 buttons at the same time

Is your clitty twitching yet at the sight of this QUARTER-DEVIL CHAD?

I just realized Nero is basically Gohan.

Attached: devil_may_cry_5_nero.jpg (1600x900, 87.89K)

I don't think people really hated him when 4 actually came out and it was clear he wasn't just Dante 2.0.

>Post-Freedom vs Pre-Freedom

Attached: p2sli2r1u8311.png (1612x796, 1.13M)

To add to that, the only reason why Nero isn't my favorite character when it comes to the playstyle is the fact that he doesn't have a RG equivalent, which kinda sucks, but on the other hand it's just another thing that makes him different than Dante playstyle-wise

Attached: Stylin.gif (150x150, 188.83K)

so is kyrie pregnant in DMCV or is their baby already born?

Who hated him on dmc4? It was kino that his motive was to save his love

He's great. Super fun to play, not as flashy or deep as Dante but he's a worthy addition to the series. Making him basically a Dante clone was the right call, people would have screeched if he was too different.

I just wanted Lady and Trish to be playable in DMC 5. They had a fun playstyle and moveset in DMC 4 SE