When the fuck does it get good? Aren't these games supposed to have an overworld like the Final Fantasy games...

When the fuck does it get good? Aren't these games supposed to have an overworld like the Final Fantasy games? Is just fucking hallways upon hallways and im already 15 hours in.

Attached: tales of arise 5.jpg (1280x720, 156.87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/furiousg4m3r/Tales-of-Destiny-DC
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's a jrpg, user

Arise is the only mainline Tales that has no world map.

It gets good in the third area (by far the best one in the game), then takes a massive nosedive after the 5th lord.

If you can't stand the combat just drop it.

What the hell. Why? The marketing campaign said it was the most open Tales game.

It's literally literally a straight corridor from start to finish with no forks. Even the towns are all district A -> district B -> next field -> next dungeon. Tales games aren't meant to be open world, but Arise is very linear even for Tales.

it's the most soulless tales game so far. shit writing, shit gameplay. Berseria will never be topped

Everything but story & characters is worse in Berseria though. The gameplay is literally just assign 4 combos and mash face buttons. Also no fast travel for 90% of the game, so have fun backtracking through each dungeon and field back and forth.

They removed the overworld since a few games ago and now everything works in hallways and corridors.
The marketing is just scamco being scamco.

>Aren't these games supposed to have an overworld like the Final Fantasy games?

This feature along with many others died with Vesperia, part of why it's considered one of the better titles in the series. The devs literally thought Vesperia was too much work and they'll never do it again.

Ok well can i get some recommendations on good Tales games then? I will check those out after i finish this one.

Vesperia for a classic Tales game. Berseria is the best of the newer games though it's still way overrated around here.

it never gets good user. it only gets worse and worse.
>just assign 4 combos and mash face buttons.
>Also no fast travel for 90% of the game
lmao based retard.

github.com/furiousg4m3r/Tales-of-Destiny-DC

>When the fuck does it get good?
AHAHAHAHAHA
>Aren't these games supposed to have an overworld like the Final Fantasy games?
Havent done that since Vesperia
>Is just fucking hallways upon hallways
Every game after Vesperia does this for its world map
>and im already 15 hours in.
Unironically quit now.
>the comabt does not improve, no you will never be able to juggle bosses
>characters assassinate their own established character pretty much every other cutscene/skit/major plot beat
>at several points shit is stated to happen off screen that will make you think "wait why couldnt i PLAY that?"
And it became one of the best selling Tales because semi-aggressive marketing. Arise was THE fibal nail in the coffin, if 4 ded gacha games wasnt already an indicator.

Really depends on what you have.
>PC
Symphonia is highly regarded for its story and decent characters. Its gameplay is a bit sluggish, but it is what some Talesfags consider to be true Tales combat. I found Vesperia to be awful, but it's Symphonia's successor in terms of game design, and some think its God's gift to man because of that. It's the textbook definition of "it gets good 50 hours in".
Berseria is praised for its characters and a serviceable story, but its combat is mashy, especially if you're the type who only uses the main character.
Zestiria is one of those "hate it or love it" titles, with most going for hate. It does a few things fine, but many things poorly.
>PS3 or emu
Graces f has absolutely dogshit story and characters, but its combat is engaging. It reintroduced a combat style Destiny created, and I found its style to be far more enjoyable than Symphonia's.
The Xillias have an alright story, and Xillia 2 is suffering incarnate. I would say its combat system is the love child of the series. Highly recommended.

If you still have any interest after that, Hearts R and Destiny DC are recommend as well.

That user is lying, hearts R was the last Tales game to have world maps.

>Havent done that since Vesperia
Hearts R, user.

Attached: decd6f.jpg (858x486, 36.14K)

The last Tales games to have a overworld were Vesperia/Hearts R IIRC. Starting with Graces and beyond they shifted to linear instanced maps. Basically what Tales dungeons used but now it applies to the entire game instead of only dungeons.

>remake
That said, did the original DS game have a legitimate world map?
Shame I cant find my damn vita, bought the physical and never ended up playing it.

There wasn't much to it, but yes the DS version has a world map.