PSA: Steam Workshop Downloader is DEAD

Get in here!
>We are no longer serving files through our network.
Site: steamworkshopdownloader.io/
Full statement: old.reddit.com/r/swd_io/comments/uy55qg/we_are_no_longer_serving_any_files_through_our/
>tl;dr
The Steam Subscriber Agreement states that any file uploaded to the Workshop becomes a licensed item.
This means that if you upload a thing to the Steam Workshop (and not to other places), people will never be able to freely share this thing with each other again. People will forever be forced to go through Steam directly to get it.

Attached: SWD_kill.jpg (1400x560, 117.51K)

>kill functionality for older games
>achieve nothing by doing so
Epic!

oh my fucking god

Lol free mods made by third parties hosted on our site are now belongs to Steam, forevers.

You just cant make this shit up...

Attached: HK.jpg (300x302, 98.07K)

what is this shit? someone posted mods not on nexus/gamebanana and steam now owns them or what?

>The Steam Subscriber Agreement states that any file uploaded to the Workshop becomes a licensed item.

Serves you retards right for using steam as a mod depository. That's right, you're retards because messing with the filing structure is too hard.

>In the end, mod creators are still the owner of a mod, and Valve does protect that with this arrangement.
The blame is still on mod makers for not uploading their stuff elsewhere. Valve is just reinforcing their old rules now, there is nothing actually new happening

You know all the photos uploaded to kikebook and shitstagram belong to them too?

No, the mod creator owns them. This targets re-uploads by third parties.

You want Steam Workshop, you get the game on Steam.
You get the game somewhere else, fuck off to mod hosting websites and don't forget to ask mod author on Steam to upload it somewhere else.
Mod author doesn't want to upload it somewhere else? Then fuck off or get the game on steam.
Simple as.
>trannies seething in 3...2...1...

Steambros... I don't feel so good...

Attached: 1642123904087.jpg (1600x900, 685.28K)

Don't forget, freedom bad.

> if you upload a thing to the Steam Workshop (and not to other places), people will never be able to freely share this thing with each other again.
If I have the game I'll happily share whatever people want from the workshop. Fuck DRM kikes.

i dont care, still using steam

lmao pirates cant get mods from steam

Attached: 1497973689928.gif (320x238, 220.5K)

Oh no!

Anyway.

>Gabe, please let suck your shriveled cock, hmmmm, ahhhhhh moooarrrr.

>This site will now host a tutorial on how you, as an individual, can download files directly from Steam using their own software.
so where is it?

>GABEN LET US LEECH OFF YOUR BANDWIDTH AND DRIVE SPACE FOR FREE REEEEEEEE

Attached: 1626742449104.jpg (1236x1222, 113.99K)

>buy the game
>click subscribe
There you go.

Good, now you freeloaders have to buy your games

Steamworkshop is trash.

just won't use mods from workshop, simple as.

So basically it's nothing?

Attached: Ayo wtf.jpg (720x480, 89.25K)

>built my own tampermonkey script long ago
>decide to try it out today
>still works

>mod piracy
Yeah, thanks Gabe.

Attached: 1641607659911.jpg (480x360, 21.87K)

I told you bros, I warned you about steam bros, I told you dogs

Attached: article12464.large.png (665x1000, 1.03M)

Steam workshop is based
You can upload copyrighted content and nobody gives a shit
>there are chinese people uploading pirated games and uncensored JAVs to wallpaper engine's workshop right NOW

>upload mod to steam
>mod stolen

Attached: top_kekainum.jpg (442x352, 27.69K)

lmao can't wait to see mod pages get flooded with thirdworlders begging for the mod creator to upload it somewhere else

Fuck Steam's monopoly. Epic should make a mod workshop.

>epic
>making anything
lol
lmao definitely.

Fuck you there are plenty of gmod addons that have been updated to be empty husk then left on the workshop for years just so modding trannies can charge server host out the ass to use some simple mods on another website.

Doesn't really matter because steam sucks for larger/more complex mods and no one uploads them there.

Workshop was a mistake though.

nobody cares. just buy the games on steam. if you cannot afford them just stop being poor lmao

Attached: 1633069709412.jpg (655x651, 103.67K)

Consoomerbros.....we'll own nothing......

how is it monopoly if they aren't enforcing that games should only be in steam?

Attached: 01.png (633x840, 124.48K)

that website never worked for me, it always threw up an error on any file from any game

Sadly there are games and entire franchises that have all their mods exclusively on the workshop, even the big ones consisting of multiple parts

I opened the op link and the reason its shutting down is because it got too popular lol.

Looks like normies fucked everything up again. Valve didn't have a problem with it when it was a niche tool.

Can you add 2 games in your cart yet

this, they literally sabotaged themselves
>We reached out on Steam support and they told us to stop distributing content.
>We reached out to

post it, if you're so great