youtu.be/EACXfdev004?t=49
youtube.com/watch?v=i7jWg-gHjgM
youtube.com/watch?v=-nqu13TPY_M
youtube.com/watch?v=BpPBNgXoFrE
youtube.com/watch?v=3afmDU-NqKk
youtube.com/watch?v=LQDQvP5tBK4
youtube.com/watch?v=rcrn8Gng9NY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

New Order was fine but I did miss the whacky nazi occult stuff, so Old Blood was fun

You might have a point OP if the game wasn't the first consolized game in a strictly PC-oriented series. Trying to snag the Call of Duty audience was a peak soulless move. That pumpkinhead cheat was pure soul, though.

Attached: 1650487246241.webm (984x554, 2.68M)

I consider both to be B-tier 7.5/10 games for different reasons.

The New Order is so much better than 2009 that its honestly embarassing.

I didn't understand old blood. it was just a gay version of the first hour of RTCW

Wolfenstein 2009 is as close as an Indiana Jones fighting occult Nazis game as we'll get, even the soundtrack was similar
youtu.be/EACXfdev004?t=49

Bad / Good
Wolf2009 was mediocre at best even back in 2009. Why do some people try to turn into some cult classic when it was forgotten for a reason?

>Good
there is nothing good about TNO

They're both kinda soulless, but New Order is the better game overall. The occult aspect of 2009 felt way too in your face and it kind of hurt the atmosphere, while it's completely non-existent in New Order. I get that in the latter's case, it's because BJ kicked so much ass in RTCW that the Nazis binned the paranormal plans and went full throttle with the special projects robotics and mechas, but still, I prefer it because of the potential for horror and more creative outlet.
Not even the atmosphere?

Attached: 4qqmj0ui2ssz.jpg (1200x1200, 136.19K)

is it really that consolized? There's regenerating health, sure, that's unfortunate, but you can still run-and-gun pretty decently, you've got the shield power, you can carry all 8 guns at once instead of having just 2 slots, it's still got secret hunting.

The hub area and weapon upgrades are perhaps less Wolfenstein-y, but I mostly enjoyed them, and they're not that CoD-like.

youtube.com/watch?v=i7jWg-gHjgM
Are you sure abut that?

On the contrary.
TNO and up are generic as fuck 2010s SJW zoomer shit. 2009 actually felt like a Wolfenstein game.

what the fuck went so wrong, wolfenbros?

Attached: Cuckenstein.jpg (1199x474, 110.49K)

Great soundtrack for this game. Wolfenstein series has so many underrated tracks in general.
youtube.com/watch?v=-nqu13TPY_M
youtube.com/watch?v=BpPBNgXoFrE
youtube.com/watch?v=3afmDU-NqKk

Attached: 1598372379399.png (1920x1080, 2.12M)

>2009 actually felt like a Wolfenstein game.
Bloody screen, so real

>regenerating health
That and the typical "sprint = weapon can't fire" horseshite that continues to plague FPS games post COD 4. Although, to be fair, Wolfenstein 2009 gets a lot better as the game goes on, thanks to being able to upgrade the recoil and weapon spread off of weapons like the MP40 and StG44, as well as the introduction of the Empower ability. I notice in a lot of playthroughs, people sparingly use the abilities, which doesn't help the generic feeling of the game. When you're constantly running around in the veil, toggling different abilities, the game is actually fun. It's very consolized though, let's be real.

Attached: 6365487317_125c5ce4a4_b.jpg (1024x768, 740.56K)

Yes, the game was heavily consolized man. I'm not saying the game was bad, I actually think it's underrated. But it was definitely consolized. I remember how much hate the leaked multiplayer build got for that reason alone.

>2009 actually felt like a Wolfenstein game.
I agree with that, it was more modern but it still had that feel of a classic game, if only it had health packs and none of that blood on the screen effect

I hate games with upgrade systems for this reason, because you have to artificially gimp the weapons at the start instead of just giving the player awesome weapons from the get-go. Not only is it a pointless mechanic, but it gives people a lame first impression.

>see New Order game review in my related videos
>decide to give it a watch
>"This game is awesome because you get to kill Nazis! Ah, the blood curdling screams of dying Nazis, that's what Wolfenstein is all about!"
>none or very brief mentions of why the game is fun gameplay-wise
It's pure suffering to be a Wolfenstein fan now with how insufferable society has become. I just know there will never be a game that does the topic with any dignity like RTCW ever again. We're too far gone with the mental illness. I mean, just listen to the first 15 seconds of this video.
youtube.com/watch?v=LQDQvP5tBK4

Attached: 1621939167499.png (720x720, 906.84K)

farts

Nah, 09 is better than New Colossus, though.

No, fuck off. Wolf'09 was incredibly dull. It's not shit but it very forgettable.
Also fuck that 2000s trend of shoving superpowers into shooters. Shit never contributed anything of value and often just gave you tools to cheese the game pretty hard.

>Wolfenstein series has so many underrated tracks in general.
Cheers to that.
youtube.com/watch?v=rcrn8Gng9NY

20 years later and still the KING

Attached: RTCW.png (1920x1080, 924.3K)

yes

Attached: Henry the Fowler.webm (800x450, 2.78M)

Except the Wofenstein 2009 Reboot was absolute trash

Both were shit, return to castle Master race

looooooooooool

king of what? garbage?

I saw a Wolfenstein 3D review recently where the guy actually complained that id Software didn't lean into "Nazis bad!" enough...

Attached: jkbcgoQ.jpg (921x606, 24.56K)

Correct.

Attached: SS Commando.webm (600x480, 2.55M)

>atmosphere
too much concrete. the moon thing was ok

I don't remember this or any other music from it

Post link I wanna see that train wreck