Anyone here prefer DooM to Eternal or is it just me?

Anyone here prefer DooM to Eternal or is it just me?

>better soundtrack
>keeps it simple, not overly complex
>fairer difficulty, not thousands of random abilities flying around all at once
>infinitely superior soundtrack
>less boring exploration and more combat
>shorter with less boring padding

Just the better game, simple as

Attached: 123412536.jpg (1911x1007, 157.39K)

the forced "glory kills" mechanic makes both games unplayable

what really annoyed me was the removal or environmental interaction like when in Doom 2016 pulling the keycards off of bodies and that dead guys hand scene.
Also the story if Eternal felt barely attached to Doom 2016.
I hate when sequels just have all the interesting shit happen off screen before the actual game starts and goes in a direction I personally didn't want.
Halo Infinite had the same problem

Attached: 1585565934510.jpg (710x528, 53.55K)

Ayup

Has the Doom franchise made even one good game?

??? They're literally the best part of the game, what do you mean?

I prefer ultimate doom because every title after 3 is garbage
I refuse to elaborate

The more realistic aesthetic of 2016 is much better than Eternal trying-too-hard arcade retardation. Prying weapons off corpses is much cooler than floating holograms bullshit. Trying-too-hard: that's all the problems of Eternal consolidated into one. It's almost like the whole game is constantly screaming at you: hey guys we are boomer shooters, we are so cool and manly unlike COD.

2016 feels like an elevator ride after how fast and frantic Eternal can get.

forced scripted melee sequences in a fast paced FPS game is retarded, completely takes me out of it having to go in to finish every other NPC

you don't have to GK every single staggered demon

Attached: urbait.jpg (1920x1080, 504.79K)

no but it's pretty much always faster and you run out of bullets fast if you don't. It also looks fucking dumb that every other demon goes into mortal kombat finish him mode

when was the last time you returned to 2016? because it already hasn't aged well. aesthetically I prefer it, but everything else is pretty shit. the level design is especially awful.

>it's pretty much always faster
How is getting into melee faster than just shooting a PB/sticky in the direction of glowing monster
>you run out of bullets fast if you don't
Just chainsaw a dude from time to time.

Replayed it last year, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Sam shouldn't have been sidelined in Eternal.

The Darksiders tier writing of Eternal was part of what ruined it for me.

>Prying weapons off corpses is much cooler than floating holograms bullshit
Absolutely ridiculous that you faggots are so hung up on this.
>"Glory kills are just mini cutscenes!!!"
but also
>"We want more scripted environmental interaction cutscenes!"

You're nit picking my arguments, you still HAVE to do it A LOT and even when u can ignore it they still look dumb af when staggered.

GKs are a big part of the game but saying that you "HAVE to finish every other demon with a GK" is a gross exagerration of what DE combat is.

Even then, if you look at top players (typically speedrunners who look to complete all combat encounters on max difficulty without dying once), they don't even GK that often, they use efficient strategies that allow for faster demon elimination.

ok brb becoming pro speedrunner so I can enjoy the game
>finish every other demon
you know I was exaggerating u autist, my point still stands, shit mechanic is forced upon you a lot. And you ignore my point that even stunned "finish him" demons looks dumb

>not thousands of random abilities flying around all at once
Top kek
In 2016 beta you have
>grenade
>hologram
>Siphon
>chainsaw
>Melee
In Eternal you have
>grenade
>ice grenade
>flamethrower
>melee
>chainsaw
>sword
Wow

Attached: 1585152299199.jpg (800x2272, 1.09M)

>hey guys we are boomer shooters,
Genuinely retarded
Ah yes, remember executions in duke3d or remember arena barrier in og doom
>fps has a colour except brown and piss
>le boomshoot xd

People are going to rage at you user, but I'm right there with you, ride or die.
>Gameplay loop in Eternal is way heavier on resource management, needlessly cluttering the shooting with 'must use flamethrower for armor must make sure to properly balance my health and ammo'
>Infinitely spawning enemies was a bad decision and I hate having to ignore half the arena just to try and focus down the giant enemies
>Weakspot-centric shooting on harder difficulties was just not as fun as ripping and tearing with whatever gun worked best overally
>Graphics and visuals looked way more cartoony and despite it working sometimes, I greatly prefered the more gritty realism of 2016 with the occasional floating objects
>Introduction of way more story elements was a stupid decision completely missing some of the best praise the first game recieved for 'don't care here to shoot demons' storytelling
>Purple goo is the dumbest shit and whoever greenlit that needs to be hung

Absolutely

Eternal is just a shittier Quake with resource management. Hugo Martin even admitted in an interview that you have to play the game a certain way (the fun zone) or the game kills you.

even if you only have to use it on one demon its still a shit replacement for pickups but that would require well designed levels and not just a series of arenas