Why are there non-British students in Hogwarts when every other continent has its own wizarding school?

Why are there non-British students in Hogwarts when every other continent has its own wizarding school?
And I don't mean non-white students, I can understand non-white kids born in the UK going to Hogwarts cause why would they study in a different continent than the one they were born in.
I mean literally students that clearly emigrated from a different country and are studying at Hogwarts.
In the State of Play trailer one of the first characters we see and hear speaking sounds like she's Nigerian or something.
Isn't there a wizarding school in Africa for all the African kids to go to? Why is she in Hogwarts?
Just doesn't seem to line up with the lore, I don't know...

Attached: hogwarts-legacy.jpg (1920x1080, 241.75K)

This was the height of the Empire, man
Of course they'll be too cowardly to explore the implications of the White Wizard's Burden taking away children from the colonies to be educated at Hogwarts instead of in their native tradition

fpbp

listen here bigot. it's 2022 and nobody cares if you're upset that the game doesn't match your sick little fantasies. don't like it don't play it. it will be better without people like you.

The Faggy Potter universe, outside of the 'modern day' books/films, fail because they abandon any attempt to portray the time period authentically. The lack of authenticity is obvious and egregious - any fool can see it, even it they can't name it.

Incidentally Steampunk has/had this same problem: all aesthetic, not authentic.

Bro there's loads of fucking accents in this country

The Nigerian's parents probably got off the boat then sent their kid to Hogwarts

Plus would you want to send your kid to Nigerian wizard school or UK wizard school

>Why are there non-British students in Hogwarts when every other continent has its own wizarding school?
No idea. This is also what stumped me. I understand it's around the time period of the height of the British Empire and they often had the elites of India and China and parts of Africa moving to the UK for schooling before returning, but other countries have their own Magic Schools.
One could argue they're immigrants but they were vastly, vastly smaller than what we have now.

>vastly smaller than what we have no

>owl flies in
>drops a fucked looking letter
>oh fuck its a howler
>HELLO TO YOU! I AM A GREAT, POWERFUL, AND WEALTHY WARLOCK!

>Plus would you want to send your kid to Nigerian wizard school or UK wizard school
Around that time period, elitists institutions were a protected class in their own right and basically made law as we know it for their own countries. India is a perfect example of this, same with Egypt. The British would make deals with native business leaders and create their own miniature empire. A perfect example of this in the early 1900's to the 1940's before the Indian Government took over (and subsequently ran it into the ground) would be Tata (Mail) Airlines (now known as Indian Airlines); it was one of the best Airlines in the entire world and controlled a level of wealth admired by even the richest conglomerates in the most western countries.

There are dozens of examples of business empires like this in parts of Africa, mainly in Egypt and parts of Nigeria before all the wars that plagued Africa.

>Why are there non-British students in Hogwarts when every other continent has its own wizarding school?
>Just doesn't seem to line up with the lore, I don't know...
Two words, user: brownie points. You think the studio cares about lore? You're gonna be an OC donut steele student with murky past and a super-special OC powers and you're gonna LIKE IT. Bonus points if your estranged dad is actually the villain.

What would the African witchdoctor school look like?

If I remember correctly, the african sorceres are into wandless magic big time. It's not like they're dancing around fires in straw skirts, that'd be the african muggles.

Attached: kinglsey1.jpg (900x1200, 121.07K)

Why not? It is the same in RL with private schools and universities.

Africa actually has the largest magic school in the entire world. It's located in some magical hidden mountains and if iirc you can only get their from some magical portals and shit. And has existed for more than a 1000 years. So yeah, it's definitely weird that people wouldn't go to this school if they were African.

I don't know why I spoiled any of that. Maybe just to piss off phone posters.

How much does it cost to send your kid to Hogwarts?

Wait do phone posters have a hard time reading spoilers?

Attached: 1596319863331.jpg (500x500, 250.57K)

a lot

They used to. I know the only time I ever tried to look at Any Forums on my phone a few years ago, it was annoying as hell to look at spoilers.

Fuck um, faggots deserve it they ruin everything

Non-white ≠ non-british.

You know in real life student travel to other countries to learn in universities. Many people not from England still go there to learn despite having their own schools/

Well-off families even from comparatively foreign cultures have been sending their kids to study in British boarding schools for ages now. I could see wizards from Africa and where the shit ever sending their offspring to study at a prestigious school such as Hogwarts.

It'll be really funny seeing how they play it off though.

You do realize not everyone in britain is white, do you?

Nah they would probably have courses like Albinomancy and Witch Child Banishment I.

Its canonically free tuition according to Rowling

This is 1800's, user. Yes, this happened, but it was so rare, Gandhi himself was one of the only Indians in studying in Britain at the time.

You also have to understand that other Magic Schools from other countries have just as much or even more prestige than Hogwarts. For example, the African School of Magic (also the largest on the planet) has over a thousand years of history.

>what is a foreign exchange student

> the State of Play trailer one of the first characters we see and hear speaking sounds like she's Nigerian or something
I take it you've never been to the UK?

They are from British colonies, if they make it lore friendly it would be cool

>dude britain today is the same as britain at the height of it's power with less than .5% of the population being brown