The analog trigger Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for modern controllers

The analog trigger Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for modern controllers.

Attached: dualshock-4-buttons-and-triggers-4086484935.jpg (1000x963, 284.5K)

What's "analog trigger revolution" and why it's disaster for modern controllers?

I like the DS4 trigger and you can't do anything about it. I even like that 8bitdo copied it

Ever since analog triggers became a thing, there hasn't been a single good controller released, not 3rd or 1st party.

while that's true, it's also unrelated. 99% of the problems with modern joysticks are related to the dpad and analog sticks, not with the triggers

Explain

Why dont they put the triggers slightly lower as in more "inside" the controller, and why modern controllers already dont have the 4 back buttions out of box, but comes with "special" or scuffed controllers? Also add another set of buttons under start/whatever is the second one, so you could have dedicated Map and Character screens, no need to go trough multiple screens. Also add two buttons next to face buttons like OG xbox, and gaming controllers are saved

>Also add another set of buttons under start/whatever is the second one, so you could have dedicated Map and Character screens
The DS touchpad is great for that kind of stuff but not enough devs use it.

I dunno man, my KB+M setup has worked for over 20 years now

It took me way too long to see Goku there, wtf

The Razer Raiju is good in this aspect since it has 4 programmable buttons, two of which are above the L2/R2 and mapped them to replace them.
They're clicky and feel pretty good.
It's not perfect and at first didn't like it at all, but now I see it's decent.

Well I'll tell you it's fulcrum is too low giving it an incredibly uneven response force or travel distance depending on where you press on the trigger.
Also the controllers rests on the trigger when placed down so it increases wear on the components and will very likely actuate when you pick it up or put it down
It's honestly the worst thing about the ds4.

>the analog trigger autist is back
digital triggers suck get over
op is a fag

It would be good to have on an xbox controllers atleast

imagine bitching about triggers with a picture showing that stupid fucking chalkboard

unironically has the best triggers

Attached: 1627565272896.png (1000x677, 870.64K)

In 99% of games the analog triggers are mapped to a digital input.
If the input is digital what would you prefer:
>an actual button with clear pressed/unpressed states achievable in a nanosecond
or
>a wobbly trigger
The answer is a button and stop pretending it isn't. If every face button was replaced by something like an analog trigger you'd kill yourself.
>inb4 uhm ACTUALLY the dualshock 2 had analog face buttons!!1!11!!1!
Sure, but the point is that they were BUTTONS. They had very little travel distance and functionally they were barely distinguishable from digital buttons.

>gamepads still have 2 sticks despite camera control being shit on them
>gamepads still just one solid block despite ergonomics favoring a split controller approach with the only controllers deviating from that idea being poorly designed or outdated
>gamepads still stuck on mouselook-style aiming despite separating camera and cursor control into two separate inputs with something like IR aim handling cursor movement being optimal
>gyro only just being adopted officially
>touchpads on mainstream controllers being relegated to somewhere out of the way despite being a versatile input method with the only controller not doing this feeling like shit, having a retarded layout and being discontinued due to patent trolling
>gamepads not having good rear buttons due to patent trolling
>gamepads not using dual stage triggers at all aside from controllers with retarded layouts and cheap construction
>gamepads steadily becoming more expensive with shittier build quality
Yeah controllers are stuck in some deep shit

Why not just slap buttons on every square inch of the damn controllers amirite? This is stupid. I don't want back buttons on a controller.

This is purely a console problem as they lack controller rebinding or configuration at all. On PC, I change the trigger deadzones much smaller when used digitally and rebind actions that are not pressed quickly or with important timing to them. I would much rather have the option of analog triggers than purely digital.

Also if you're talking about delay from pressing the trigger (it's more of a delay only when releasing or pressing rapidly actually), then consoles themselves have input lag much, much worse than just the few ms of trigger travel.

Attached: 1641982487482.webm (800x450, 1.03M)

Triggers are great for using as button toggles because it is by design easier to hold down a trigger than a convex button. I think the benefit of having two buttons that are easy to hold down for games like racing, action games, shooters etc is worth losing two digital buttons

>gyro only just being adopted officially
Good, I don't want to waggle my arms around

The DS4 trigger is an improvement over the DS3 trigger, and the weird DS2 analogue buttons. BUT that's with one massive caveat that the way the triggers are made means that they break sooner rather than later.
>trigger itself has a plastic 'blade' that presses into a silicon pad to provide the analog response
>over time the 'blade' cuts into the pad, eventually cutting a notch into it
>the trigger stops being able to provide a full input - stopping at 60-80% actuation
And good luck playing any games that rely on analogue triggers then! You can repair it yourself, but it's a massive faff to do so.

ds4 triggers feel the best out of most gamepads i've used, I still mainly use xbone for pc though

Does the DS5 use FUCKING MAGNETS like xbox does nowadays for the triggers or are they still using the old dumb design

why not have 3 triggers, one button, one digital trigger, and one analogue trigger, on each side?