Pushing Buttons: was 2021 the worst year ever for games?

Well, Any Forums?

2022 seems even worse so far. We got like 3 (4?) good games/plattform so far.

>Switch: Atelier Sophie 2, Kirby, Runefactory 5
>upcoming: Xenoblade 3, Fireemblem Warriors
>Playstation: Elden Ringe, Tiny Tina, FF
>upcoming: Forspoken, Gotham Knights

Attached: dfd.png (715x693, 405.42K)

Atelier Sophie 2 is a piece of fucking shit. What a slog. What a bore, absolutely repetitive and a terrible story. It's got good music, congratulations. Every Atelier game has good tracks in it. Fuck you and your other shit selections on this list and listing games that aren't even out yet

Yes it was. Next to nothing of note was release in 2021 and most of what was of note was shit.

2021 sucked so bad Halo and Forza won GOTY awards. Let that sink in.

sure

Can you really say it was worse than a year such as 1962 for example? There weren't even any games then, so it was a pretty bad year for games

go back

>1962
>no games
What is Spacewar!

1962 is probably the best year for gaming.

>playstation
>elden ring, tiny tina and FF
aren't all 3 of these on other things and in fact one isn't even out?

Spacewar was (and continues to be) fucking amazing.

Won't say 2020, 2021, or 2022 are the absolute worst years ever for gaming. BUT, the 2020's are absolutely the worst decade for gaming holy shit it's already a quarter of the way over and shit like FF7R is probably still in a Game of the Decade conversation. I'd say most years pre-2020 are better than the last quarter-decade.

Attached: コミュ2-1-ほっぺをつつく.png (640x185, 117.16K)

>Playstation:
ftfy

2022 is the year of delays. Starfield getting delayed kinda killed the entire year for me honestly. I finished Elden Ring already so im a little bummed out. The Steam Summer Sale should lift my spirits though, I have a nice wishlist of games to buy.

without question, these last few years have been abysmal

Attached: comp.jpg (4694x9827, 4M)

>GUST
I mean come on user, GUST music being good is like saying water is wet.

here's a better pic for just 2021

Attached: 2021.jpg (4088x4077, 3.85M)

elden ring made 2022 better than 2021 surely, i remember nothing from last year, hitman 3 maybe. 2022 is still a shitty gaming year, and so are all the years after 2015, or more precisely, after mgs5 came out.

maybe not 2015 actually, but a bit later. makes me think 2017 is a good cut off point from which gaming has stopped getting any cool new releases

where did you get that from, and is there for other years?

I made it myself, it took fucking forever
I'm planning on making one just for 95-05, the golden age of gaming, and I'll post one in a second that's just the last 5 years

here we go

Attached: wew3.jpg (10000x1874, 3.91M)

>SMT 5
>Metroid Dread
>Ghosts N' Goblins
>It Takes Two
>RE 7
>Hitman 3
>Bravely Default 2
>Ender Lilies
>Pokemon Snap
>Tales of Arise
>some others I missed and indie stuff
I mean, it was a weak year, but there were some pretty good games.