Literature and visual media are oversaturated with isekai/second chance game system stories

>literature and visual media are oversaturated with isekai/second chance game system stories
>literally not a single game with this premise
What the fuck, do they just hate money?

Attached: 1652369657312.gif (544x640, 2.04M)

Huh?

>>literally not a single game with this premise
Why would you play a videogame about a twitter/r*ddit NEET getting isekaied into a fantasy self-insert world where everything functions like a videogame?
How would that literally even work?

>chapter 1
>tutorial mechanics
>chapter 2
>tutorial mechanics about the isekai world's tutorial mechanics
>chapter 3
>isekai tutorial mechanics for isekai early-game
>chapter 4
>save big titty trannime foxgirl from near gangrape and collect them goblin ears for the heckin adventurer's guild!

Attached: oof.jpg (250x250, 10.38K)

>>literally not a single game with this premise
Ni no Kuni 2
>President of totally not the usa
>Nuke drops on the city he's being driven into
>Wake up in a throne room mid coup
>Draw concealed carry and blast a hostile soldier attempting to stab the prince

Dragons dogma is literally an isekei game

Okay I know you will laugh at this but just be gentle about it. My idea is to make a JRPG with battle academy world. Your character knows the original plot of the game and has now become another student. The way the game plays is that for each important characters you will know his/her fate and can decide whether to help them or not. You can also get notifications showing a powerful relic location and whether you want to get it or not for your power boost but it will cause the related character to suffer depending on your choice. I guess what I envisioned is just a more karmic system focused JRPG but with isekai novel plot woven in.

My guy no offence but you lost me after JRPG.

Attached: 1652222773817.gif (110x112, 167.19K)

>literature
Feels weird to call light novels that. Read a real book.

That sounds like it could be a great tongue-in-cheek satire game. Like something the 80s would produce.

>Isekai
>Game
Sounds pointless if you ask me because only serves to build the setting and contributes nothing to the gameplay but ok, here's a list of games with isekai shit
Ultima series
American McGee's Alice duology and basically, any vidya adaption of Alice in Wonderland and the Wizard of Oz
Saints Row IV
Super Mario 64
The AVGN official games
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Majora's Mask

Every game is an isekai and the actual player is the story protagonist, who is momentarily whisked into the game world where they can show off their skills and reign supreme; because lord knows they can't actually hack it in real life.

Forspoken. Be careful what you wish for.

>Self inserting in every game
That sounds gay as fuck.

Honestly this is a good idea to implement the isekai element to contribute to the gameplay. The idea is not really new, Ultima was one of the first to do it but in all games that makes the protagonist an outsider it only serves to build part of the setting and plot, I don't remember anything that actually contributes to the gameplay except maybe the masks in Majora's Mask.

Tell me more about this Ultima game

Ultima series is one the grandfathers of vidya RPGs. The stories, at the start were somewhat simple: you're the hero, go and kill the evil guy. But after three games, Richard Garriot, Ultima's creator, decided to change that: with Ultima IV he introduced the idea of the Avatar. The Avatar is not only a hero, is the champion for all people that follows a morality system, this system has a complete and detailed lore, at least for the time, and the player has to become the Avatar. So the hero is no longer some guy, the hero is actually you, and you came from whatever you live IRL, so yeah, in Ultima, you basically get isekai'd to become the Avatar and save the world by being a moralfag. Later Ultima games get more interesting because the moral system gets corrupted and people figures out is not really that perfect, but the Avatar is still your isekai'd ass

Every RPG is an isekai

That's a pretty neat idea to me user. Do you have a name planned or it's just an idea for now?

you booting up a retarded jrpg is supposed to be an isekai fantasy already you dumbass

Now imagine the xenoblade UI all over it

Attached: mfw.jpg (400x400, 14.85K)

Games are isekai already. You kill your physical health to be reborn into a fantasy world

>literature
Toilet paper isn't literature, user