Outta the loop here, is Desmond Miles the king of real life assassin now?

Surely after absorbing all that virtual training he's out in the real world killing shit right, bros

Attached: bitgz59cfgl01.jpg (760x850, 78.35K)

He should really kill that bitch and return to the current timeline instead of abusing the save state.

He dies in AC3 I think and then I dont think he is ever mentioned again. I havent played AC since the one in England though.

No, he "died" and then became "The Reader". It's super deep lore stuff about how the Isu couldn't figure out how to rewrite the past, and it turned out the Animus was conceptually always a trap designed to ensure rigid patterns of thought. Only by breaking free and accepting that nothing is true and everything is permitted can the path to enlightenment be found. The entire history of the world could be rearchitected. A world drawn from the infinite branches where Isu and human live together in harmony.

why couldn't they have just let it be a trilogy

Money

Haha...

Attached: 1623984932228.jpg (600x1204, 151.33K)

everyone gushes over Brotherhood, but the instant i heard about the trailer dropping, i already felt my stomach turn

ubisoft fuck up their story and dont know what they were going with it

>AC only spent like 5 years with an actual direction and knowing where to go
>this ended a decade ago

Attached: 1631089999630.gif (286x210, 2.17M)

What the fuck am I reading

Attached: 1567398704396.jpg (468x306, 11.32K)

>play AC to explore historical landmarks and experience ancient culture
>try valhalla
>they just said fuck it and went full fantasy
God, what a shitshow. I’m glad it was bundled with origin and odyssey otherwise I would’ve really regretted that purchase.

Origin is kinda better in that regard, but all the fantasy shit went full retard with Odyssey.
It's a bit more subdued in the base game, but the second DLC literally makes you go to heaven, hell and Atlantis and you get armor with neon lights.

what was the last ac game that stayed with direction?

Humans fucked ancient aliens.

I'm actually not sure, Brotherhood and Revelations weren't planned, and AC3's modern day was completely different from what it was supposed to be.
It might go all the way back to AC2.

>but all the fantasy shit went full retard with Odyssey
Sure but I can still check out plenty of relatively realistic historical landmarks. Valhalla is a fantasy world through and through.

Fuck you, OP I just got back from the assassins creed wiki and it got so much more retarded than I thought

If anything it's super boring, it's just a gigantic swamp, like they took Velen from TW3 and just made it 3 times bigger.

tons of plotlines drop and retcon with random shit added in

Desmond died with no one to take over so the problem was a bunch of spin offs with no direction whatsoever

>Brotherhood Adam eve lore with da Vinci painting puzzles immersing you in the mystery

Do they even use any of the modern century shit anymore. Last I saw is that you're just a normie going into the pod for fun and it's a Jurassic park scenario

Ubisoft were cowards. I assume watch dogs started out as an actual assassins creed game since it came out around the right time to be one but retooled.

They've been flop flopping since everyone hated the character.
In Origins she was a typical normie, in Odyssey she was a le quirky ironic Marvel hero personality character, and in Valhalla she's like a drug junkie.
And even then she's dead and got replaced by one assassin from Valhalla that got frozen until modern day.