How do I cope knowing there will NEVER be a game that has great swordfighting?

How do I cope knowing there will NEVER be a game that has great swordfighting?

Attached: hema.webm (720x405, 1.93M)

>0:19
>the guy on the left let him grab the sword plus grabbing it like that at all

Attached: 1560497280688.png (498x724, 758.45K)

Bushido Blade 2
/thread

It's like tails fighting sephiroth in real life.

>opponent makes you think you are going to just block an easy attack
>he stabs you immediately afterwards
How the fuck do you counter this?

Play Hellish Quart.

Attached: 1641057694_ezgif.com-gif-maker (3).webm (600x338, 93.86K)

Can I get a webm that isn't 94kb?

...That looks quite dull. Real swordsmanship in duels would be over within seconds.
>take stance
>swing
>lock
>disengage
>take stance
OR
>take stance
>swing
>die
How would the game handle hundreds of stances and dozens of weapons? The balancing alone would be impossible, and that's ignoring the meta that will form. Too many limitations would have to be implemented to even have a chance. I really don't think people give this idea much thought beyond 'Duuude itd be so cool!!! Skalgrim should be the lead director and he should put in a pommel joke lol xDD'. Also, pretty much only humanoids could be in the game. A Chimera, Dragon, or even a bear wouldn't care about whatever stance or flourish you can perform.

For Honor, near launch, is probably the "best" we will ever get. Though I haven't played Mordhau, because I remember the absolute clusterfuck that Chivalry was and I didn't want to.

Attached: pain.gif (490x478, 1.9M)

Real duelists couldn't tank multiple solid hits, to be fair. Multiple stances for weapons could be neat for a smaller game centered around 1v1 duels, though I feel like it would end up just being a more mundane fighting game. Shame VR wouldn't be able to properly replicate the weight of blows.

swords actually aren't that sharp

You are all nerds who have never been in a fist fight. You don't have any idea how combat works.

It's not that they are sharp/not sharp. It's that if the sword is not traveling, it's not cutting. So, you apply leverage in a way that it doesn't cut into you.

>spear users spam quick stab
>sword users bait and punish
>axe users spam throw, leave the match if they miss/blocked
>sword and shield becomes meta
>greatsword users are non existent
>polearms users are a niche that loses every battle, but they swear its just poorly balanced
>medieval enthusiast on Youtube over-examine every weapon and animation for easy views that offers no insightful commentary or information
>history/react channel has expert that then proves every Youtuber completely wrong and makes them look like the fucking idiots they are

Nioh does fine with having human-combat techniques and monster-combat techniques. The issue is mire that the enemy balance in the game is borked, so you end up fighting so many monsters, that human techniques kinda become less useful.

>We'll never get another Bushido Blade because Squeenix has been shit for two decades.

Attached: 1636433682869.gif (496x640, 1.42M)

*laughs in Bushido Blade and Hellish Quart*

we are gamers...we've fought countless battles...mastered dozens of fighting styles...choose your next words carefully

Blade symphony was the last chance you people had. None of you bought it or played it. All have to blame for the failure of this genre is you

I am phoneposting, sorry. Will try.

Attached: 1614021366_izzyHips.webm (321x587, 69.8K)

My brother he known't what he say, remember that thy blade is thirsty and cool thy nerves...For to drink freely is nay to drink of justice.

>Real duelists couldn't tank multiple solid hits, to be fair.
I believe Benito Mussolini challenged like half a dozen journalists/anti-fascists to duels, and one of duels lasted 5 rounds. I'm too lazy to look up the articles again, but I'm pretty sure it was with rapiers or some sort of thrusting sword.

>Though I haven't played Mordhau, because I remember the absolute clusterfuck that Chivalry was and I didn't want to
mordhau is the exact same thing but the pros do slightly different animation exploit bullshit with slightly different names so they insist it's totally not the exact same fucking thing as chivalry

I've never heard of this! Is this the bushido blade remake I've been waiting for all these years?

Attached: bushidoblade1.gif (618x396, 1.62M)

*Exists in Hellish Quart*

Shut the fuck up retard. You can't trim your beard with one, but they are sharp.

>Realistic
>Women and blacks.
No thanks.

Attached: 1633538588380.jpg (4920x1080, 3.54M)

Exanima.

>HEMAfags
Literal larpers

My inner autist doesn't like the character designs for this game.

>>Realistic
>>Women and blacks.
>No thanks.

Attached: 1649663122980.png (717x518, 494.34K)

By not expecting your opponent to be a retard who would just throw out a useless attack.

Attached: Knightfight.gif (250x119, 2.98M)

Man im glad I was born with a chin

Are there any decent mods for Bannerlord yet? Did they ever release mod tools? Haven't followed it much these days

>knights
>full clad in armour
>still using swords
>not using the hilt as a blunt instrument or holding the blade to give precise stabs
>aims for the opponents sword
>holds the swords against each other as if they're in a hollywood movie about to have the villain spout some bullshit
That's just a few of the problems with this. It's still poopy.

Something of note is that once you reach a certain armor treshold, duels sort of become wrestling matches with tools for leverage. I don't know how you'd represent that in games. Wrestling games tend to be like "press button to grab, then press button to see cool move or submission", not a lot of interactivity.

Bannerlord online is ok