In fiscal year 2019...

>In fiscal year 2019, PlayStation 5 investment by business model was 88 percent traditional and 12 percent live service games. For fiscal year 2022, Sony Interactive Entertainment projects a business model of 51 percent traditional games and 49 percent live service titles. By fiscal year 2025, Sony Interactive Entertainment projects 45 percent traditional and 55 percent live service.

You are building a PC right Any Forums?

Attached: 43534634.png (1394x777, 1.43M)

Other urls found in this thread:

videogameschronicle.com/news/playstation-says-half-of-its-releases-will-be-on-pc-and-mobile-by-2025/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jeux est servie

>PlayStation 5 investment by business model was 88 percent traditional and 12 percent live service games.
That's because overbudgeted trash like Horizon and TLOU2 having ok-at-best sales is not sustainable. But yes, I have a PC built. However, if a based user were to point a gun to my head and said "Will you buy the Ys V Remake or the TLOU1 Remake?" I would pick Ys instead. Hell, I will always pick based Falcom over SHITny.

Attached: yoobmx5tyw541.jpg (1080x1266, 110.36K)

Fire jim ryan

This. Holy fuck.

It's bizarre how many Falcom games are on PC

Some more info of what he said.

>PlayStation Studios historically has executed wonderfully in the delivery of a strong portfolio of narrative rich, graphically beautiful single-player games, but it’s certainly the case that we have restricted ourselves to a rather narrow portion of the gaming market,”

> “By expanding to PC and mobile, and it must be said… also to live services, we have the opportunity to move from a situation of being present in a very narrow segment of the overall gaming software market, to being present pretty much everywhere.”

> He continued: “I think if we do this right, if we execute with intelligence and we execute with excellence, the opportunities for significant growth in the number of people who play our games, the number of people who enjoy our games, and the number of people who spend money on our games, is exponentially a large one.

> “I would say for example, if we are successful in making a portion of the 12 live service games that we have in development in PlayStation Studios… if only a portion of those enjoy critical and commercial success, then the impact of that over time will be completely transformational to our business structure.”

videogameschronicle.com/news/playstation-says-half-of-its-releases-will-be-on-pc-and-mobile-by-2025/

Attached: 701CB36F-1744-4408-920D-4D1F54BA95BA.png (1792x828, 2.94M)

> “We have been thinking about how players enjoy our content and have had some early success with experimenting with mobile games and apps to provide more choice to gamers,” he said. “Mobile is just one of the areas we are exploring to reach millions of gamers beyond our platforms.

> “PlayStation has a huge catalogue of diverse first-party IP that can transition to smartphone gaming and complement our AAA games or live service games. We are exploring the mobile market with some wonderful PlayStation franchises so please stay tuned.”

Attached: CA2762C9-281C-46CA-AE37-C6D2C06512B5.png (1792x828, 1007.56K)

how is it bizarre? before playstation they made games on pc-engine.

Most Japanese developers went to Playstation exclusive after the PC-98 exited the market. Only other one I can remember going to Windows PC is Zun.

This and now many of them are returning with only a few holdouts left like atlus.

>You are building a PC right Any Forums?
lool no.

Attached: 1646848640861.jpg (1600x1010, 1.51M)

So that's it then. It's either movie games or fomo services.
There's no hope left for the industry.

>GAAS GAMES BAD
>YOU'RE BUILDING THE BIGGEST PLATFORM FOR GAAS GAMES RIGHT?
Dumb drone.

I'm too poor for a PC. It's over for me...

With how many third-party devs are starting to realize how vital it'll be to take PC more seriously, it just makes it all the sadder to see those few devs/companies who continue to live in total fucking denial about the current realities of the industry. It's funny to see how relatively rapid the growing adoption of PC development has become, especially hot off the heels from how lot of Japan's devs needlessly left exorbitant amounts of money on the table by plugging their ears to the Switch's success and screaming LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU for years.

This. Dude is literally ruining Playstation.

>"Literally ruining Playstation"
>Reported SIE's biggest financial year yet
Jim Ryan isn't going anywhere.

Is this a leak from which leak?

>won't reveal sales for GT7 or HFW
>had to reduce sales forecast for PS5 by 4 million for the FY, and missed it by another 4m
>announcing a multibillion dollar buyback for shares to prevent shareholders from panicking
>has peanuts left for acquisitions for the next two years
>games don't sell on PS5
stop living in the clickbait headlines, investor-kun.

Also
>censoring games
>putting games on PC
>focusing on games as a service

>no response to this shit being brought up
Every time, in these recent threads. Playstation is a fucking mess right now, and it's getting harder and harder for SIE to sweep Playstation's broken pieces under the rug whenever Japan HQ and investors/shareholders come by to visit.

Those games released way too close or even after they closed the book for the year, they might have waited for the next quarter.
Big acquisitions aren't necessary. See Nintendo, the only thing they bought in a decade was Monolith Software.
And despite all that, they are raking in money still.