Portable Consoles

I miss dedicated mobile consoles like you wouldn't believe, and I hate that the homogeneity of modern gaming doesn't allow for them to exist.

Attached: dsandpsp.png (750x392, 366.17K)

Most people play their Switch at home.
It doesn't need to be small/portable.

Around the time of DS/3DS they started to get a little too big. A good portable console should fit in your pocket so you can take it everywhere without needed a bag

You're kinda missing the point. I don't like that real portable gaming is now irrelevant. The way those consoles were designed led to playing games on them being more fun, because developers made use of the features/gimmicks. The two screens on the DS, for example, were awesome and it made playing a lot of games on it feel like a unique experience. These consoles had their own character, while a modern equivalent like the Switch is just a tablet.
Also yes new portable consoles are way too fucking big

The dual screens on the DS fucking sucked, gimmick trash that made all DS ports shit.
Just compare the Hajime no Ippo game on the GBA vs the DS.

Portable consoles got replaced by Smartphones.

Damn I miss my vita.

Dual screens were based as and made it so the menu and GUI shit were on a separate screen from the gameplay, and the touch mechanic on the bottom screen made them really nice to navigate.
>Just compare the Hajime no Ippo game on the GBA vs the DS.
DS Hajime no Ippo was bad because of bad decisions on the part of the developer which were not a result of the dual screens.
>Portable consoles got replaced by Smartphones.
Yeah and phone games fucking suck

I regret not buying one. It looks really nice and it has a lot of games that I want to play.

>I miss dedicated mobile consoles
?
They still exist though. What the fuck are you even whining about?

Attached: the-switch-lite-in-blue-or-purple.900x[1].jpg (900x450, 49.73K)

read

Playstation are far too gone for me to want a modern handheld from them, they would just censor all the niche japanese third party games

What am I supposed to read here exactly? A bunch of whiny bullshit that means nothing? The switch lite is a dedicated mobile console.

bait

The switch lite is a gimped version of a tablet that is 100% better if you plug it into a dock and play it on your TV.
literally what part of this is bait

>The switch lite is a gimped version of a tablet that is 100% better if you plug it into a dock and play it on your TV.
And? The psp was a gimped version of a ps2 and the gba was a gimped version of a snes. You are retarded.

>The psp was a gimped version of a ps2 and the gba was a gimped version of a snes.
The PS2 was a dedicated home console that was a premium experience in 2000. In 2005 technological advancement made it possible for the premium experience from 2000 to be small and portable, making it a premium experience again because of that. The issue with the switch is that it's trying to be both a competitor to other platforms, while not being as capable due to trying to be a portable system, which leads to it not being very good at doing either. Older portable consoles did their own thing entirely and that's what made them so good.

>The switch lite is not a dedicated mobile console because...IT JUST ISN'T OKAY?????????

Attached: d85[1].png (480x640, 96.93K)

The Switch is not a dedicated portable console, and the Switch Lite is a switch but without detachable controllers and no dock. It's a bit smaller but not to the point where it makes it any more portable than the regular Switch already is. Why are you getting mad about this? Talk like a normal person.

Is that an issue with Playstation USA or Playstation JP? I haven't paid much attention to it.

There isn't a playstation jp anymore

how's that?