What would be received if it released today?

What would be received if it released today?

Attached: 7DD96AB0-BF56-432D-9FF2-490C353A05B2.jpg (368x266, 34.63K)

A game would be received.

Tendies would unironically defend the dated graphics and 20 fps gameplay

*How would it be received

it was shit then and its shit now but Any Forums worships this extremely casualized puzzle solving game for women

everyone would get bored and complain at the lack of open world

120 on metacritic with the Nintendo bonus

Retarded question and pointless. It received what it received precisely because it happened when it happened and it was so ahead of its time

Even Miyazaki says all his games are inevitable influenced by Zelda

Esl people pis me of

Not esl

>>Even Miyazaki says all his games are inevitable influenced by Zelda
not by oot

Probably lackluster, but this is a dumb question to begin with. This is like asking "How would the telephone be received if it was released today?" The question itself is fundamentally flawed because OoT's fame could only be achieved as its unique place in time, much like the og Doom.

how do you know this? Did he say that he specifically wasn't influenced by OoT?

I don't understand your ESL but surely the game would be buried because of the awful framerate of 20fps, most N64 games looked like and ran like shit to be fair

If we were still at the level of 1998 technology yes it would.

I would still play this game and I've beaten it over 40 times.

Tendies hate OoT and praise BotW

i hate both but im not a tendie so i have no idea why im even replying to you

No you don't

>Tendies hate OoT
"Tendies" means Nintendo fans, right? Wouldn't they love OoT since it's not only considered one of the best games of all time but is also a Nintendo game?

You'd think that but OoTfags absolutely resent Nintendo for mishandling the series, the Spaceworld bait and switch, and nearly killing it with WW it's more realistic to say that each Zelda game sort of splinters off it's own disconnected fanbase rather than describing it as some kind of "Zelda cycle"
Your typical Nintendo fanboy will blindly latch on to the latest title always

>dated graphics and 20 fps gameplay
Can't speak for OP, but I feel like "released today" implies that general gameplay mechanics would be intact, however, it would feature graphics that are tolerable in 2022.

>casualized puzzle solving
Can't argue with this. Recently re played as a 33-year-old after not touching it for decades, and only had to look up a guide on a few occasions (fucking stupid Water Temple block in center tower). Still fun though!

This basically.

>BotW
I've had Breath of The Wild in plastic wrap for over a year now (just haven't had time with work travel and such). Convince me to start playing.

>Convince me to start playing.
Why would I?

Would the graphics look like games today or are we hypothetically saying nintendo somehow thought it would be a great idea to develop and release OOT as their next mainline Zelda game on the Switch with all of it's weird performance and graphical quirks and flaws of that it had on the N64 for 60 usd?

Is it that shit? At least I can still sell as new :-(