Red dead redemption

>be arthur morgan
>beat the shit out of a man dying from an infectious disease just trying to make ends meet for his family before his death over unpaid debts to some jewy loanshark
>continue to harass and belittle his wife and son after his death (I'll keep her in black on your behalf) for what little they had
>ruin their lives and inadvertently force the mother into prostitution and son into a shitty mining gig
>in a karmatic turn of events catch the disease from the man you killed and start slowly dying
>make a half-assed attempt to pull them out of poverty through sheer deathbed guilt even though their lives are already ruined
>die alone and a failure after your former gang members betray you
>mfw this is the guy the writers expect me to feel sorry for

Attached: Red-Dead-Redemption-2-discussion.jpg (1920x1080, 303.26K)

>be horse gta
>make millions of dollars
>?

For me its the black indian saving the bison from 'evil' poachers who only killed them for 'fun'.

I can forgive all the suffragette 21st century social values applied to history shit but that really stood out to me as the most blatant hamfist and disrespect to the source material.

Attached: buffalo-jump-11[6].jpg (800x656, 227.96K)

It's almost like the game has "redemption" in the title for a reason

>

Attached: 1599952304418.jpg (680x680, 60.14K)

>That line where the poacher said the governer made them do it to make it look like the indians did it

Attached: 1624551349322.jpg (250x242, 41.27K)

its literally in the title of the video game, you can't attempt to redeem yourself if you've been good all your life, the game would be called Red Dead Im A Good Boy

Yes, but forgiveness isn't possible for some people.

>(I'll keep her in black on your behalf)
That was actually a threat meant to keep that young man alive. Arthur knew the lil' shit wanted revenge and was trying to scare him out of it, because Arthur would have to end up killing him otherwise. How the hell to people miss the point of that scene so goddamn hard?
However; you are right about Arthur, and his entire gang, being horrible people.

Did you miss the part where every character is an outlaw, thieving, bank robbing, murderer? Yes Arthur, John, and every other member of their gang is an awful person who deserves everything they get.

From a narrative perspective it really threw me off when they were constantly moralising about very specific things. Whereas it was good characterisation that Dutch was kind of an indignant anarcho-communist idealistic romantic outlaw type guy who felt justified in his gang's barbarism, you still had this weird disconnect between being murderous highwaymen but by God don't even dare be racist or bigoted in any way.

>'evil' poachers who only killed them for 'fun'.
None of this is even removed from reality. This did happen, but most of the Buffalo killing in the 1880s was literally the US Army.

Arthur was groomed by Dutch into becoming a criminal. He is a sympathetic character.

Arthur Morgan and the Van Der Linde gang openly killed innocent men for the crime of being hired to guard a train.

Charles is a psychopath who kills men simply for killing too many bison.

Sadie is a pscyhopath who kills unarmed men, is obsessed with revenge, and has the audacity to lecture others.

FUCK these people.

Red Dead Redemption 1 was a beautiful and tragic story of the cycle of violence (with a depressing ending), while showing that life continues on regardless of what we want.

Red Dead Redemption 2 ends with a tone deaf dance where everyone is happy and safe collecting money they stole from innocent people while completely ignoring the story that comes next (which they shouldn't because RDR2 is a prequel).

Arthur Morgan is a good protagonist in a story I absolutely despised.

I feel that can be explained by the fact that they thought they were good people. They were self-styled robin hood types. They wanted the west to stay wild and free of the government, which is ironic because people were more accepting of the government thanks to groups like them just taking what they want.
My point being, they get the warm fuzzies and feel more justified by not hating nogs/women. It makes them feel better when they kill a train of people, or steal an entire herd of cattle.

not according to Jesus

Still better than elden shit

Do you honestly think these people follow Jesus?

For the love of all that's good, not even the GAME has characters who follow Jesus without being either insulted or proven to be liars.

The priest with the gang is an unrepentant abuser of alcohol. The sister in this game says that "God are the people, and the people are God." I didn't know nuns could be atheists.

Rockstar has no fucking balls anymore, so they go to insulting Christianity as the go-to because if they'd insult any form of Chinese religion with Chinese railroad workers, or Judaism, they'd be brought before the modern day version of the Nuremberg trials.

Christ be praised!

Henry's come to see us!

I cant launch my game. Anyone else have this issue. just loads for abit then quits out.

Attached: Pains of hell Bogdanoff.jpg (262x252, 5.39K)

t. didn't git gud

For all the ridiculous things in the game, that's pretty realistic.

How come there's no Bigfoot in this game? It would've made for a great legendary animal thing

Because that would be fun. And Rockstar needs to spend more time on wringing out money from the players' wallets with more stupid microtransactions

>elden ring is so difficuld xDdd
actually retarded

>Arthur Morgan and the Van Der Linde gang openly killed innocent men for the crime of being hired to guard a train.
What a fucking retarded sentence lmao